PDA

View Full Version : A6 to Q5

shazbat
03-06-2012, 11:06 AM
Hi all,

Just in the process of making the move from an A6 Avant 2.0 Tdi to a Q5 3.0 Tdi, and note that this forum is less active than the A6 forum - is this because the Q5 is less problematic? Or just not as popular? The A6 gave me my fair share of issues!! Is there anything I should watch out for on the Q5? - Oh, and it's a 2 year old S line with plenty of bells and whistles, so still got a year on the Audi waranty - picking it up on 08/06/12 - can't wait!!!

Cheers,

Shazbat

Guest 2
03-06-2012, 11:14 AM
I love the q5 - keep touching on changing to one after having an excellent hire car from Audi - see my thread in here.

I think we only have a couple of Q5 owners on here who aren't regular so not sure. But after researching they don't seem too problematic - they aren't that popular so quite exclusive.

You'll get an extra years warranty from date of sale too for peace of mind.

Pics up when you collect and see if it's the one I seen on Audi approved used I'll be very jealous.

shazbat
03-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply - encouraging to hear about lack of issues (so far).
What do you mean about the extra year's warranty?
I thought it came with Audi's standard 3 year warranty, although the dealership did say they were selling it with 12 months warranty, but I assumed they would run concurrently?

Cheers,

Shazbat

Guest 2
03-06-2012, 11:27 AM
If its 2 years old you will get the remainder of the Factory warranty then when tha has expired you will get a topup warranty until the date of purchase in the next year.

Take my a3 for example

Bought Dec 2011 - Audi factory warranty expired in March 2012 - topup warranty is active so warranty valid until March 2013 -

I'm writing this on my phone so apologies if text is a bit scarce. I'll be online soon to add more info if needed.

shazbat
03-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Hmmm - Thanks for the info - I'll get this clarified (and in writing) by the dealer.

Guest 2
03-06-2012, 11:42 AM
I'll have a look at my used car docs just to confirm.

shazbat
09-06-2012, 08:04 AM
Hi Chris,

Picked her up yesterday - phenominal motor - pleased as punch!!!:approve:
But the warranty is not sequential - it runs concurrently and just takes it to the anniversary of my date of purchase - so there'e only days' in it.
I will have to consider taking out the extended warranty in a years time.

Cheers,

Shazbat

Guest 2
09-06-2012, 08:08 AM
Good job, post up some pics.

Hope it's not the one I was drooling over!

Pity about the warranty but I highly recommend the Audi extended warranty when the time comes.