PDA

View Full Version : 3.0 TDi tkes a while to fire up.

denpot
30-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Hi,

Recently purchased a 3.0 Altitude Touareg 2006 56 reg for my wife, over the last couple of days when its turned over first thing after being left for a few hours (overnight) the engine seems to just turn over for say 7-8 seconds before firing up! after that its fine and starts straight away?

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Steve.

gupsterg
03-08-2013, 01:37 PM
I was just reading a current thread you posted and thought I'll have nose at your past posts and I'm :bigeyes2: that no one replied (500+ views) !

Any update on your issue? just can't help being nosey :p ...

JimC64
03-08-2013, 01:48 PM
+1 on the above.

There's been more than a few here with similar issues, sometimes relating to the MMI IIRC causing a battery drain?

I had some similar issues a long time ago and it was a nightmare to get to the bottom of.....iirc they checked the earth connections too.

Guest 2
03-08-2013, 01:53 PM
Mine does this occasionally (more like 3-5 seconds), not sure what it is, only happens on cold startups say after sitting for a couple of days.

Doesn't really bother me, I've just learnt to live with it. Done it since about early 2010 :)

gupsterg
03-08-2013, 02:23 PM
After a week I'd probably not investigate unless another issue was also happening, I know mine not take any longer than what it does after an overnight standing or a week and deffo not 7-8 seconds cranking unless my mental clock is out (LOL) ...

For instance when I was researching the common rail sensors/parts some of these can cause an issue like that ...

... a battery drain?

I noted when my battery had low state of charge measurement it would sometimes crank for a period but start quicker after being started once/low time of standing ...

denpot
03-08-2013, 05:35 PM
Hi,

Yes the Touareg occasionally still takes a while to start!!

Not got to the stage where I need to get it looked at and no management light so will leave for now.

Cheers.

Steve.

gupsterg
04-08-2013, 08:09 AM
No worries :) ....

For you or another to view ...

google for SSP350 The 3.0l V6 TDI engine ...

google for SSP351 The common rail fuel injection system fitted in the 3.0l V6 TDI engine ...

If you start to investigate I'd first be thinking in my head when was the battery last changed?