PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to the forum

65VW
27-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Hello to you all,

This is my first post on this forum.

Will be picking up a new 170 Sport 2.0TDi DSG Passat estate next friday. White; black leather; 18 inch wheels; sat nav; b/tooth; etc etc.
Any tips or anything I should look out for on the day would be very much appreciated, as the dealer is some 2 hours away.
Would love to hear your reviews and driving experiences from anybody with similar model.

eko
28-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Hi 65vw
I have the 140bhp 2.0 tdi blue motion sport and I love it. The only thing I got the dealer to do was to connect my phone to the car. Enjoy the car.

65VW
29-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Hi EKO,

Many thanks for your thread, nice to hear of a satisfied owner, and yes will also get them to join up the phone.
Is yours DSG? if so how do you rate?
Are you happy with the MPG?
Are you happy with comfort of the car and the dealer service?

Sorry this is starting to look like a car survey!! but would be interested to know if you have the time.

eko
29-05-2012, 10:31 PM
Hi 65VW

My car has just the normal 6 speed manual gearbox. My car lives on the motorway at the average motorway speed and I get between 52 and 56 mpg. The best I have done is 780 miles to the tank of diesel. I am very happy with the ride. For the first few weeks I found the sport seats quite hard but now that I have spent more time in the car I have no problems with the seat. I think it was just an adjustment period as my previous Passat had comfort seats. I have used Lookers Darlington for the last 12 years without any problems.

Hugh Jend
03-06-2012, 01:52 PM
Nice to see that this section is getting a bit busier (I'm an old member- but lost my old log in details).
My 170 sport Estate should be with me in a fortnight...which is great as my current 08 Passat Highline is beginning to get a bit 'tired'.
The EMS orange light has come on today...and the aircon packed up last month.
The latter has been fixed..the former may well be....

I'd be interested to find out how the new Passat is fairing...and any tips/tricks.

I have JUST spotted the fuel cap locater hole...after 91k worth of motoring!

How is the stereo and DAB?

My Pure Highway has just packed up, so I'm having to use the cacky AM on the current system.

How is the satnav?
I reckon I'll be better using a Brodit mount and using my TT live.

65VW
04-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Hi Eko,
Thanks again for your thread and comments; Hi Hugh Jend;
So..........picked up a 170 Sport estate DSG Friday last; Drove home the long way! 100 miles. Very impressed, comfort, performance, build quality etc is excellent. Suspention with 18inch wheels, fells a bit on the firm side, but that is comparing with previous car Kuga 163 hp;DSG gearbox is outstanding, [my first auto] no sensation of gear changes up or down, have not used the paddles or level selector yet; tried the 'sport' option from standing start, and it flys.
Fuel reading was 46 mpg at only 120 miles on the clock, so again very impressed as I presume this should get even better in the next few months.
Repy to Hugh;DAB radio reception [radio 4/5 live/local stations etc] sound quality is fine. Sat Nav.........think I need to change some settings.....took us on a strange route back home. On a fairly new built bit of the A1 it showed 'offroad' !!! meaning it did not recognize, which is surprising for a 2012 unit; so has left me wondering if there is a way of updating the software, anyone know if this can be done?
All in all up to now[3days], very pleased and looking forward to some happy miles :approve:

Lemonslap
05-06-2012, 10:25 PM
Hi Eko,
Thanks again for your thread and comments; Hi Hugh Jend;
So..........picked up a 170 Sport estate DSG Friday last; Drove home the long way! 100 miles. Very impressed, comfort, performance, build quality etc is excellent. Suspention with 18inch wheels, fells a bit on the firm side, but that is comparing with previous car Kuga 163 hp;DSG gearbox is outstanding, [my first auto] no sensation of gear changes up or down, have not used the paddles or level selector yet; tried the 'sport' option from standing start, and it flys.
Fuel reading was 46 mpg at only 120 miles on the clock, so again very impressed as I presume this should get even better in the next few months.
Repy to Hugh;DAB radio reception [radio 4/5 live/local stations etc] sound quality is fine. Sat Nav.........think I need to change some settings.....took us on a strange route back home. On a fairly new built bit of the A1 it showed 'offroad' !!! meaning it did not recognize, which is surprising for a 2012 unit; so has left me wondering if there is a way of updating the software, anyone know if this can be done?
All in all up to now[3days], very pleased and looking forward to some happy miles :approve:

Great to hear, looking forward to mine being delivered. Any pics you could post? Also I have noticed the passats TDI badges are all the same ie silver without red to indicate engine fitted?

65VW
06-06-2012, 04:38 PM
Just been to look at the rear badge; It is showing a red ' I ' in the TDI if that is any help, which engine is then fitted ? can you explain. Will send pics after this weekend.

Also in answer to other threads I have read ; the RN315 Sat Nav will take 7 digit post codes, have also changed the settings to 'fastest' from economical routes, so hoping this will mean less narrow side roads.
Have also paired HTC Widfire mobile which works fine. Understand that some have found difficuluty with HTC paring.
Drive to work today , 10 miles all rural, flat roads, max 50 mph, Consumption on single trip reading 51mpg !!

Lemonslap
06-06-2012, 04:48 PM
Just been to look at the rear badge; It is showing a red ' I ' in the TDI if that is any help, which engine is then fitted ? can you explain. Will send pics after this weekend.

Also in answer to other threads I have read ; the RN315 Sat Nav will take 7 digit post codes, have also changed the settings to 'fastest' from economical routes, so hoping this will mean less narrow side roads.
Have also paired HTC Widfire mobile which works fine. Understand that some have found difficuluty with HTC paring.
Drive to work today , 10 miles all rural, flat roads, max 50 mph, Consumption on single trip reading 51mpg !!

weird all the pics on autotrader show all silver badges, I expected the 170 to have all red as per previous VW's. Good to hear about the sat nav postcodes!

65VW
29-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Hi again to all; just an update on the Sport 170 DSG after 4 weeks use;
Milage 850; average mpg 45.5 [not zeroed since pick up]; average mpg single trip to work 10 miles rural 50.0; so quite happy at moment on these figures.
DSG is amazing , so smooth and effortless driving. Very pleased with performance both rural and motorway driving with loads of poke and good refinement.
Still getting used to centre dashboard info [loads!] Phone, radio, Sat Nav, MP3, all in order and working fine, inclined to use touch screen for phone radio etc as still working out the sterring wheel controls.
Bearing in mind the amount of info displayed whilst driving i.e. temp, direction of travel , time, etc etc etc, cannot understand why it does not clearly show when the auto head lights are on/off !! or am I missing something whilst driving in the day light.?
So todate, very pleased with the purchase and again looking forward to many smile,miles.

pauldoherty
07-07-2012, 07:34 PM
weird all the pics on autotrader show all silver badges, I expected the 170 to have all red as per previous VW's. Good to hear about the sat nav postcodes!

I can confirm that I have a 2.0 TDI Sport 170 and mine has a red 'I'.

D4D
08-07-2012, 01:39 PM
Also in answer to other threads I have read ; the RN315 Sat Nav will take 7 digit post codes,

If you look here: RNS315 StNav and 7 digit postcodes (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?124199-RNS315-StNav-and-7-digit-postcodes) it demonstrates that is not the case, it depends when your car was manufactured. I have also been told by VW that they WILL NOT be updating the software on earlier units AT ALL because of licencing issues...

Marvellous...

65VW
09-07-2012, 07:38 PM
If you look here: RNS315 StNav and 7 digit postcodes (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?124199-RNS315-StNav-and-7-digit-postcodes) it demonstrates that is not the case, it depends when your car was manufactured. I have also been told by VW that they WILL NOT be updating the software on earlier units AT ALL because of licencing issues...

Marvellous...

Hi D4D;

Sorry to mis-inform; What I was trying to say is that my RN315 [model 2.0TDI 170 Sport] reg 01st June 2012....will take 7digit post codes. This info was for the benefit of anyone thinking of buying the model and maybe for anyone who is taking delivery soon, so that they can check it out. When this [7digit postcode]software became available, I have no idea.
Have just returned from a round trip to centre of York city and was taken within 100 yards of set location.