PDA

View Full Version : Bora 99V gear change stiff problem

psxnut
04-08-2007, 05:12 PM
Hi all,
just got a VW Bora 99V, with 65000 miles, my problem is that the gear change is stiff, in all gears (manual box fitted), any ideas would be appreciated. :mad: I noticed with a search of the forum, someone changed a plastic unit on the selector/ gearbox, located somewhere under the air box and fixed a stiff change problem on a golf, could this be the fix for me?
thanks in advance.
psxnut

user name
06-03-2009, 12:30 PM
did you ever find out ? i have the same problem

psxnut
07-03-2009, 12:03 AM
Hi,

Yes I did fix it, I just sprayed loads of penetrating oil on the UJ's and kept changing and jiggling the gear stick, it was as simple as that. No parts needed. Try it, it may be all you need to do.

psxnut

user name
07-03-2009, 12:08 AM
Hi,

Yes I did fix it, I just sprayed loads of penetrating oil on the UJ's and kept changing and jiggling the gear stick, it was as simple as that. No parts needed. Try it, it may be all you need to do.

psxnut

thanks for that, how would that relate to a passat, where are the uj's on mine, any idea ?

psxnut
23-03-2009, 08:04 PM
I would locate the steering shaft, where it comes out from the bulk head into the engine bay and the uj's should be before it joins the steering rack. I assume that they are similar on your passat, if not sorry to confuse. Anyway good luck.

psxnut.
;)