PDA

View Full Version : Remap

bops6
22-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Hi everyone, Newbie here. Just replaced my old S4 B5 with K04`s with a 2007 C6 3.0tdi Le Mans saloon. Got to say what a fantastic motor it is, it just needs a small tweek to make it the perfect family wagon though. Definately going to get it remapped with dpf delete also and maybe a new catback system. My question is who to do the map? My S4 had a custom MRC map which was awesome and there quoting some nice figures for the C6 also, another option is AMD Essex which is alot more local and convienient and also quoting some nice figures. Who do people on here recommend?
ps I`ll get some pictures up as soon as i`ve taken some.

swampey
22-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Bops

Do your research first and just dont plump for a simple remap... At the moment Im in the same position of looking for a remap and what is appealing at the moment is an V Switch box / Alientech so you can remap yourself for performance and eco plus have the standard map for when you sell..

As far as Exhausts systems go.... Longlife quoted me £499 for a stainless steel from Cats back... same sort of cost from Midland Exhausts.. dunno what the other companies would charge but you could be looking at anywhere up to £900

bops6
22-05-2012, 01:36 PM
£499 for the system sounds reasonable, is yours a 3.0 tdi?

gupsterg
22-05-2012, 03:43 PM
check out post 3 in this thread http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?132801-Over-All-Rating