PDA

View Full Version : A4 1.9TDi B6 2001-2005 ECU issue---battery drain, locking doors etc

vincenzo_2k
21-05-2012, 12:42 PM
:1zhelp:
Had issues with a battery drain, erratic alarm behaviour, temperamental doors not unlocking or locking and some other issues. e.g. clicking from around the front passenger seat/footwell..:(
After 2-3 mechanics and long time issue was advised that due dampness/ wiring in and around ecu and that it looks like Convenience ECU under frnt passenger seat needs to be replaced.:aargh4:

Was given a part number ending in AC. Part: 8eo 959 433 ac

Now is this the only number that counts on ECU module?

understandfrom other posts/forums that the ac may relate to the rev on the part and that newer ecu may be suitable?? Is that true? Anything later than AC, for example AD, AE and onwards and upwards etc..??

Funds are no longer the same as when I bought this beautiful beast so does anyone know how or where to get that ECU part cheap and reliable?

Also heard that refurbishing the ecu might be an option? What and who is involved in that?

Any help and advice would be much apreciated! :)

vincenzo_2k
22-05-2012, 10:47 AM
...and now the driverside window is stuck at half way up. No problem going down but coming up is struggles and makes a bit of a grinding or grating noise--does this mean the regulator is now gone?
Any idea how much it is to replace?

kite
22-05-2012, 11:45 AM
The regulator is around £90 from the dealer.
There is a good how to on audizine.

follow me on twitter...kiteaudi...

Sam
22-05-2012, 11:48 AM
Before purchasing a regulator, remove the door card and check the cable through the inspection hole bungs in the door skin.

100% of grinding windows I've fixed so far have been snapped cables.

kite
22-05-2012, 11:51 AM
The cable comes with the reg. from The dealer

vincenzo_2k
22-05-2012, 12:18 PM
Before purchasing a regulator, remove the door card and check the cable through the inspection hole bungs in the door skin.

100% of grinding windows I've fixed so far have been snapped cables.

the door card-now is that the foam part underneath the trim? or the trim itself?
Where is the inspection hole? Sounds like it might be worth checking, but if it is snapped cable, can a cable be got separate to regulator?

Btw the window does go down but only backup to halfway, could it still be a snapped cable?

Thanks!

I think I answered the first part by rereading your post-d'oh! i.e. the skin is the foam part, door card is trim/ panel? i wil get there...

kite
22-05-2012, 12:27 PM
Have a read..

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327299

Sam
22-05-2012, 02:11 PM
The cable comes with the reg. from The dealer

It seems I'm not only in the wrong section of the forum (for some odd reason I thought I was replying to a Passat post), I also read 'regulator' but saw 'motor' - I am an idiot - Kite is, again, right :)

the door card-now is that the foam part underneath the trim? or the trim itself?
Where is the inspection hole? Sounds like it might be worth checking, but if it is snapped cable, can a cable be got separate to regulator?

Btw the window does go down but only backup to halfway, could it still be a snapped cable?

Thanks!

I think I answered the first part by rereading your post-d'oh! i.e. the skin is the foam part, door card is trim/ panel? i wil get there...

Regulator/cable is one item - see Kite's linked post above, it's very helpful (and it looks a heck of a lot more complicated than all the VWs I've done!).

Door card is the handle, pocket, the luxurious thing you see when you glance at the door from the inside.

Door skin (at least in my explanation above) is the metal you see when you remove the door card, however your posh Audi trumps my lowly Passat because your door skin is all part of the door.

Ignore everything I've said except for the part where I said to take the door card off

I'll get back in my box :o

vincenzo_2k
29-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Thanks guys :)
It was one of the plastic clips on the regulator was broken. had the regulator replaced and all seems ok..with the window but what an awkward part to replace!!