20-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Hi all

Looking for some opinions on brake pads for the front of my 1.9tdi

Was thinking textar delphi or Pagid but im interested in anyones opinion

Fire away..

I Believe Textar are the original manufacturer but open to advice

A4 Lad
20-05-2012, 11:04 PM
Ferodo SL, Ferodo Premier or Apec. Im sure people will say OE OE but I have been fitting them for years and NEVER had one complaint

stonedagain
21-05-2012, 04:36 PM
Most well-known brands should be OK but avoid cheapo discount store pads like the plague.

trioptics130
21-05-2012, 05:20 PM
i recently changed my front pads and disks for aftermarket ones and they scared me, poor braking effect and overheated far too easily, went to audi and replaced it all for oem parts at very little extra cost and now have a car that stops like it should do

PCDoctor
22-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Hi All

Brake pads change this evening using Pagid from eurocarparts special price.. £35 down to £26 ..

For that price you can take a chance..

The ones i have taken out are the same thickness of pad still as the new ones and some cracking is visible....

Done 25k on the ones kicking around the garage floor now and will do some digging on what make they are

Not sure if its me but the car sounds quieter if that makes sense.. less road noise

caldirun
23-05-2012, 08:24 AM
Hi All

Brake pads change this evening using Pagid from eurocarparts special price.. £35 down to £26 ..

The ones i have taken out are the same thickness of pad still as the new ones and some cracking is visible....

Done 25k on the ones kicking around the garage floor now and will do some digging on what make they are

Not sure if its me but the car sounds quieter if that makes sense.. less road noise
Were the old pads still stuck to the calliper, if not they would constantly rattle, I recently changed disks and pads all around and my car sounded much quieter (the old pads had no adhesive on them but the new ones did) I knew it was the pads rattling as the noise went away if I pressed the brake gently.

yaman
25-05-2012, 10:27 AM
Hi All

Pagid pads (& discs) are brilliant, even at the higher price. :approve:

Regards
Jim

JimC64
26-05-2012, 02:00 AM
Just bought Pagid pads n discs all round for mine today.............hope to get it done tomorrow
Bought from Eurocarparts for £170 for pads n discs all round..........I could have saved around £40 off that and went for a cheaper make but I prefer peace of mind.

I'll try n remember to follow this up with an after report

PCDoctor
27-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Hi JimC64

Just fitted new front pads and disc using pagid..

Feels good.. total cost £90..

And the car sounds quieter.. and the discs were slightly warped

When i had the discs and pads changed 3 years ago i can only assume he used the cheapest crapeist parts on the planet...

JimC64
27-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Managed to get mine yesterday, pads n discs all round.
The front went super quick and really easily, the back, not so much. The drivers side rear pads were worn down to metal ( wife !!! ) and the caliper had seized.
Initially thought I may have needed new one but managed to salvage I think!
Bled the brakes all round and voila...........100% improvement.

I'll be keeping an eye on the rear caliper to see if it causes issues at any point, other than that, job done....all good.

calum
06-06-2012, 05:52 PM
Managed to get mine yesterday, pads n discs all round.
The front went super quick and really easily, the back, not so much. The drivers side rear pads were worn down to metal ( wife !!! ) and the caliper had seized.
Initially thought I may have needed new one but managed to salvage I think!
Bled the brakes all round and voila...........100% improvement.

I'll be keeping an eye on the rear caliper to see if it causes issues at any point, other than that, job done....all good.

( wife !!! ) Cheaper than not braking and going straight through a hedge me thinks , lol .

Peter D
07-06-2012, 08:03 PM
I hope all you guys relaised that the front pads are sided and have to be fitter with the arroe on the back of the pad facing the direction of rotation of the wheel. Regards Peter