PDA

View Full Version : A4 B8 remap?

spingrinder
17-05-2012, 10:14 PM
I have a A4 2008 {58} 2.0 TDI Avant, I would love to have it remapped but have been told that I cant . Something about the ECU being Tricore protected or something like that . I havent had the car looked at but a friend of mine said that it may not be protected.
So first of all , does anyone know if I can acctually get it done ? and is there any way of looking at car parts to tell if it is protected or not? any help would be great, thanks

Paul

FlashRemapping
17-05-2012, 10:42 PM
Hi Paul

Tuning protection came out between march and may 2009 on vag disel engines so yours will be fine
It doesnt mean that the ecu cannot be tuned either - its just the process is different - Your vehicle will be able to be remapped "down the plug" i.e. by comunicating wit the ecu via the OBD port
With a tuning protected ecu we have to remove the ecu from the car and open the ecu and program direcly to the eprom chip - not a big problem but takes longer

Let me know if we can help you at all
Dave 07886 368795

skdotcom
03-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Can the protection be added retrospectively? ie a 2008 car goes back to Audi for warranty work (after May 2009) and at the same time the ECU is flashed with an update which adds the protection?

FlashRemapping
03-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Can the protection be added retrospectively? ie a 2008 car goes back to Audi for warranty work (after May 2009) and at the same time the ECU is flashed with an update which adds the protection?

Yes, Very rare occurance but yes we have seen this happen