PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a Phaeton

W8CMP
16-05-2012, 12:16 PM
I have just done the deal to buy a used 2009 Phaeton 3.0 TDI from a local VW main dealer.

I'm getting rid of my 2007 Ford Mondeo 2.5T at last and coming back to VW after a few years. My previous VW was a Passat 4.0 W8 which I loved. I pick the car up on 1st June and can't wait !

The car is in Mazeppa Grey with beige interior, and comes with sunroof, power boot, performance alloys, reversing camera and several other options. Certainly a step up from my Ford, though I shall miss a few items such as my heated windscreen and adaptive cruise control.

While the car has bluetooth preparation, I am looking at the Fiscon system to allow it to talk to my iPhone. Has anyone had any experience of this system ?

Will post pictures when I have the car in a few weeks...

Chris

Aptuning
16-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Sounds like a very nice car. good power with the 3.0tdi also. Be nice to see some pics.

W8CMP
30-05-2012, 02:01 PM
The wait is nearly over - picking it up on Friday 1st June :-)

Sam
30-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Romford to Kent isn't too far, I'll see you Friday morning for a test pilot? :biglaugh:

W8CMP
09-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Sorry - didn't have a chance to drop by in Kent in the Bank holiday traffic.

Loving the Phaeton though - fantastic car ! Found it's not Mazeppa Grey, but rather Beryllium Grey which is lighter, and I love the colour.

Here's my new baby at a very wet & muddy VW show the next day, held at Stonor Park near Henley on Thames...

rawpilot
17-06-2012, 07:11 PM
Nice looking car. Welcome to the club !:beerchug:

I've got a 2008 model with 19" wheels and it tends to tramline dips in the road quite a bit. Do you find this ? I'm trying to work out whether it's normal or whether I need to replace some suspension components.

W8CMP
17-06-2012, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I have had my car for 2 weeks now, and love it more and more each time I drive it. I had the Kufatec Fiscon Bluetooth kit fitted in place of the standard fit VW Bluetooth system (company called Autotech Solutions based in Kent - skilled with Bentleys and Phaetons & highly recommended), and it now talks flawlessly with my iPhone even while connected to the media device interface. Have looked at having a TV tuner fitted but a little on the expensive side from what I have been told.

With regards to your question above about tramlining, I really can't say I have noticed this at all with the 18" Performance wheels. I've been driving on with the suspension set to 'comfort' most of the time as I just like to waft along without feeling any bumps. I need to explore all modes a little more to see if there is any evidence of this.

I have just treated the car to a complete wash, vacuum, polish and wax today and she looks beautiful. Trouble is that with rain etc on roads in the UK, it won't last long...

Cheers
Chris