PDA

View Full Version : Question Warning 'beep' inoperative.

warptechno
16-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Audi A4 96 1.8 non-turbo adr

Hi everyone, I have a niggling problem in that the warning beep that sounds when fuel light goes on in the dash/when you open the door and you have left the lights on etc has ceased to work. I had a problem with a vacuum in the fuel tank recently and think this may have burned out the relay? It's not a major issue, just that I forgot to turn the lights off recently as I'm used to the beep!

Does anyone have any ideas if it is just a relay behind the fusebox that would need replacing? Car is mentioned above.

Many thanks for any help.

Withnail
20-05-2012, 07:19 PM
I'd also be glad to know the answer to this one (exact same model, same age). I know that the "lights-on" warning is not working. (It's nothing to do with the microswitch in the doorlock as the courtesy light still works). I haven't run the tank sufficiently low to be sure that the "low fuel" warning is inoperative. Also, I am guessing that the warning you get if you let your oil level go too low is handled by the same buzzer and that that would be inoperative too? Be good if it was just a relay...!