PDA

View Full Version : New Mk VI Golf

Loofer
03-08-2007, 06:40 PM
Don't know if this has already been discussed or if it's even common knowledge...

read about it on various forums. Apparently they are looking to introduce it within the next 12 months. If I had just bought a Mk V, I'd be miffed.:mad:

The current model is popular, but apparently it costs a fair bit to build. So they're going to build the new MkVI more 'cost effectively' but how does that affect build quality? Don't expect the savings to be passed on though.

Theres no official pics out but you can do a google image search and there's plenty of artist impressions.

Loofer
04-08-2007, 02:55 PM
Raas.. no response... does everybody think I'm blaggin'... or this just old news??!!

Ben
04-08-2007, 04:16 PM
i did mention it ages ago.:o

here http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=8613

I too had no replies, so you've got further than me.;):p

Loofer
04-08-2007, 06:54 PM
i did mention it ages ago.:o

here http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=8613

I too had no replies, so you've got further than me.;):p

Taa... it appears no one's intrested! Looks like a cross between A3 and Alfa 147

Mav2006
24-02-2008, 10:59 PM
any updates on release dates?

LinuxGeek
22-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Spoke to my local VW dealer yesterday.

He claims that there talks of a January 2009 launch with dealers not getting delivery of any stock till April 2009.

He also reckons though not confirmed that high end models won't be available at launch and will come later.

Still indecisive as to whether to grab a new MKV now (2.0L TDI 170PS DSG) or wait.

Also , will the cheaper production cost == Lower build quality !

Decisions ! Decisions !

Captain Answer
22-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Spoke to my local VW dealer yesterday.

He claims that there talks of a January 2009 launch with dealers not getting delivery of any stock till April 2009.

He also reckons though not confirmed that high end models won't be available at launch and will come later.

Still indecisive as to whether to grab a new MKV now (2.0L TDI 170PS DSG) or wait.

Also , will the cheaper production cost == Lower build quality !

Decisions ! Decisions !

Wait till the release is iminant and get a V when the prices are slashed it you want a new one

CMcK
22-04-2008, 11:47 AM
I was ordering our new mk V estate at the weekend and asked the dealer about the mk VI. He reckoned orders will start early next year with a carried over engine line up and some more common rail diesels being phased in. The TSi units are still in short supply at the moment though.
He also reckoned the Golf Plus will continue for a while yet and the Estate, which hasn't been out for a year yet, will continue for another couple of years.

Loofer, according to the motoring press the rear suspension setup on the mk V is very time consuming to build and means a mk V takes longer to build than an Astra or Focus. Which is killing VW's margin and means they are probably skimping on the interior a bit.
It's likely the Mk VI will have a less complex suspension setup reducing the build time and freeing up money to spend on other improvements.

Personally I don't think the mk V has seen as much of a drop in interior quality as some people suggest but it certainly doesn't look quite as good.

LinuxGeek
22-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Most likely the money they will save will go into VW's boards and shareholders pockets as opposed to improvements elsewhere in the car I reckon as seems to be the trend with all companies these days.

To order a new MKV TDI 2.0L 170PS DSG there is a 16week wait so cannot see many being around to grab a bargain when MKVI is launched.

So I need to decide on whether to just grab MKV now and keep for 3 to 5 years. Or to delay purchase by a year to see what the MKVI has to offer.

What do you think chaps ?

Of course the in between solution is to grab a cheap 4 year old second hand MKV now and change to a MKVI in 1 to 2 years time when all MKVI options out.