PDA

View Full Version : Dealers fitting of registration plates?

15-05-2012, 09:40 AM
Quick question for those who already have their cars. How has the dealer fitted the plates to the car?

i.e. Does the car come with specific holes for the plates to be screwed to in the bumper and tailgate, or has the dear drilled their own holes to fit the plate?

Thanks,

David

Guest 2
15-05-2012, 10:01 AM
On my A6 there is a plate holder bolted into the pre drilled holes in the bootlid (presumably during manufacture) then the plate itself is stuck to the holder.

15-05-2012, 10:04 AM
That's what I'm trying to establish.

On my 650, it has holes in the rear bumper that were moulded in at the time of manufacture. The front bumper has been drilled with a template though. Personally, If I had bought it from new I would have hit the roof!

I want to understand how the C7 is built so I can have the dealer to commit to not drilling the car or face some kind of "penalty" in the deal. I will have my detailer fit the plates when he preps the car.

Guest 2
15-05-2012, 10:06 AM
My A3 has the holes too, but Belfast just stuck them on without a plate holder.

Just tell them to fix the plates using the holes or use a plate holder which works perfectly.

Tigger2424
19-05-2012, 06:31 PM
I was at an Audi dealer today. There was an avant outside without any plates fitted. I could clearly see that there were two captive nuts type of arrangement there which would take the number plate screws. I could not see anything similar arrangement for the front.
My hate badly fitted number plates, amazing how many I see which are not even straight! Rant over.
Hope this helps

19-05-2012, 06:35 PM
It does, thank you.

Guest 2
19-05-2012, 06:40 PM
I was at an Audi dealer today. There was an avant outside without any plates fitted. I could clearly see that there were two captive nuts type of arrangement there which would take the number plate screws. I could not see anything similar arrangement for the front.
My hate badly fitted number plates, amazing how many I see which are not even straight! Rant over.
Hope this helps

Exactly the same as both my cars, prep on the back and nothing on the front.