PDA

View Full Version : TMC Display Order

skibuddy
15-05-2012, 08:28 AM
Does anybody know whether the TMC Traffic Info display can be odered/listed based on distance from current location rather than alphabetically as it currently appears to be? Listing M1, M3, M4, M5 in that order when you are on the M27 or M40 isn't much help. Big distraction having to scroll down to find the motorway you are on.

kite
15-05-2012, 08:47 AM
I think if you have a route selected in the nav it will show nearest traffic jams first.

follow me on twitter...kiteaudi...

MFGF
15-05-2012, 10:29 AM
I think if you have a route selected in the nav it will show nearest traffic jams first.

Yep - as George says. Otherwise it's just an alphabetical list.

Regards,

MF.

skibuddy
15-05-2012, 10:13 PM
With a route navigation set, the TMC info display simply showed the entries in the same order, but the warning triangles were greyed out. Perhaps this is because my route didn't take me via any of the incidents. More investigation need me thinks.

MFGF
15-05-2012, 11:09 PM
With a route navigation set, the TMC info display simply showed the entries in the same order, but the warning triangles were greyed out. Perhaps this is because my route didn't take me via any of the incidents. More investigation need me thinks.

Yes - any roads on your route that appear in the TMC list are displayed at the top of the list. There is a horizontal line separating them from the other alphabetically displayed messages which do not impact your route.

Cheers!

MF.

kite
15-05-2012, 11:16 PM
To add to mark's post above..
If a route is active and a jam occurs during your journey, the nav will give you a voice prompt and re-route round the problem.

follow me on twitter...kiteaudi...

krupatel
09-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Guys, how do i switch my TMC back on..currently crossed out.

Thanks in advance

Hawthorn37
09-07-2012, 10:40 PM
Guys, how do i switch my TMC back on..currently crossed out.

Thanks in advance
You should find it reactivates when you're on a route with TMC coverage. My display shows TMC active or inactive depending the roads I travel on.

MFGF
09-07-2012, 10:45 PM
It is dependent on local radio stations broadcasting the TMC signal. There is nothing you can do to enable or disable it.

MF.

krupatel
10-07-2012, 08:12 AM
Problem solved. Thanks guys.