PDA

View Full Version : Question Audi A4 1.9TDI 130

mactavish555
12-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Hi Folks,

I'm needing some assistance here and I thought this would be the very place to get guideance:Blush:

My A4 1.9 TDI 130 has a heavy mis-fire/ vibration type thing between 1600RPM and 2000RPM in 5th. Very very slightly aparent in 4th, nothing 1st,2nd,3rd

I thought it was the DMF as had that sort of feel to it and changed that (LUK one), so that was a delightful saturday afternoon wasted as well as 600 quid!

The car goes well apart from the above and I was wondering if it was possibly chipped and somthing was cutting the power/boost when on max torque?

I have seen somthing somewhere about balance shaft on some Audi's but not sure of the background to that.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks in advance

zollaf
12-05-2012, 10:16 PM
i would start with a code read and a test drive whilst logging live data to see whats amiss when it happens.

nevo
13-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Maybe the injector loom,causing the misfire?

mactavish555
14-05-2012, 09:16 PM
Maybe the injector loom,causing the misfire?
Thanks for the replies,
I didn't realise that the code reader would pick anything up unless the light was on but will give it a bash.
Is the loom a common problem?
cheers

zollaf
14-05-2012, 09:30 PM
you can have a lot of codes stored with no mil light on. the loom run inside the cam cover, under extremes of heat and covered in oil and yes, does give problems after a while, although it will normally give a misfire throughout the rev range. if you get a code that says injector no.1, then its almost certainly the loom. it connects on the multiplug on the back of the head and cost about £55 from a dealer.