PDA

View Full Version : 03 Passat PD130 Tiptronic Pre Purchase Help

apole
05-06-2006, 01:32 PM
Hi,

New to this forum, very near finalising the purchase of an 2003 PD 130 Tiptronic.

Would anyone have any advise on things to look out for?

Also what kind of average MPG do people get from the auto version, I've owned the same but manual and was wondering if there was much difference.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers.

Andy

glynnd
05-06-2006, 07:21 PM
Check the forums for known faults
Here are the things I have had with my 03 plate 130 tdi se
1. Radiator fails on the bottom left hand corner, looking at car
2. Water pump should have been replaced at the same time as the timing belt( pump only £25 exc but belt needs to be off to replace)as they sometimes get noisy.
3. Water leaking thru pollen filter compartment seal, carpets wet
4. Knocking from nsf area, usually track rod end or suspension links worn

:biglaugh:

Chriscross
29-06-2006, 11:20 PM
I have an '01 TDi130 Sport with the 5 speed Tiptronic currently on 175K miles. The car drives great but I notice that when cold the box is reluctant to engage 3rd gear solidly, taking a few seconds to really bite. This is not noticeable when properly warm. It doesn't seem to be a problem and I assume may well be down to the starship mileage anyway. I think fuel consumption is significantly worse on the auto - I average 37 according to the computer but with lots of traffic jams and short journeys, on a long motorway journey it hits 42mpg and sometimes better if I'm nice to it. The consumption is more than made up for by the sheer ease of autos in give and take driving in my view.

cheekyboy45
25-01-2008, 04:49 AM
I brought a 2002 estate 130bhp sport/triptronic the middle of last year. Fuel consumption is not as good as expected averaging around 38mpg using a varied amount of diffirent roads. I don't hammer the car, also found that it will go through front brakepads alot faster. I brought it with 49k on the clock, now has 55k and on the second front set:mad:. On the plus side it's a dream to drive:Blush:.

Forget fuel consumption and enjoy the lazy ride:beerchug: