PDA

View Full Version : problem with ob2/ecu?

boost-addict
09-05-2012, 05:05 PM
so to start, when i bought the car it had the abs warning and as i know there common i wasn't fussed, any how looking though paper work it shows a remapping centre had trouble connection to the system and says configuration mismatch, was quite confused so emailed the company and they basicly said

" see if it has any extra wiring and box though before the fuel temp sensor.

I know it seems a silly question but did you have the keys at the 2nd switch so the ignition on?

You could have faulty obd2 wiring perhaps, but id try another scanner first before id go testing wiring. Not nesisarily dealer level equipment but a independent garage might do a scan for smaller money. "

well had it on a diagnostic unit that a friend bought home from work (bosch) and the unit couldn't find any thing, he went directly to the abs system and although it ticked from 0/8 to 8/8 it still said no systems found

so what's my problem here? wiring in the ob2 plug broke or some thing else? were does the ob2 plug go to? direct to ecu? wondering if i buy a ob2 wiring harness and see if i can then get some thing or maybe buy a ob2 kit to the laptop and see if that works? any info or troubleshooting would be good, are you able to test the plug with a multimeter?

zollaf
09-05-2012, 05:34 PM
it might help if you could tell us what vehicle from what year ?

boost-addict
09-05-2012, 05:48 PM
yes could be good! a4 1.8t quattro 1999

boost-addict
01-09-2013, 11:41 PM
just to report back, i unplugged the abs module and every thing else worked, still havent found a sutible module tho!!