PDA

View Full Version : autowipers and boot lid

scootir706
08-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Hi....im having problems with my auto wipers which have just stopped working and the intermittant wipe just works once then stops..........the boot has also stopped locking/unlocking with c/l .it will only open with the key wont work from drivers door button either......just wondering if these two could be connected in some way.....ive recently fitted a new ccm due to water damage .ive tried fitting the old ccm to see if this cures the problem but it makes no difference.just wondered if anybody has had simliar problem.any input would be greatly appreciated.Cheers Ian

caldirun
09-05-2012, 07:48 AM
Check the plugs and sockets on the bottom of the A post, passenger side, the water runs through these and causes corrosion, if its bad just cut back the wires and solder and sleeve them.

scootir706
09-05-2012, 07:17 PM
Hi...thanks for the info.........ive already had a wee look in there...dissconected all the plugs and never saw any broken wires but did notice some green gunge around...will strip and double check and clean up with electrical cleaner.I take it most of the electrics pass through these connecters then?

caldirun
09-05-2012, 08:57 PM
Hi...thanks for the info.........ive already had a wee look in there...dissconected all the plugs and never saw any broken wires but did notice some green gunge around...will strip and double check and clean up with electrical cleaner.I take it most of the electrics pass through these connecters then?
Green gunge is the copper corroding, I tried contact cleaner, it did not work, best to snip and solder, they never need to be unplugged anyway.

scootir706
10-05-2012, 09:42 PM
thanks will have look and post how i get on.Ian