PDA

View Full Version : How to get Seatbelt chime and Fasten Seatbelt MSG

klitoni
07-05-2012, 04:22 PM
I have an european passat and i just get the seatbelt light for 6 seconds after ignition is on than it goes away.
I wanna have the DING DING sound and the msg on the fiss till i put the seatbelt in buckle.How can i do that?
Thanks

caldirun
07-05-2012, 05:18 PM
I have an european passat and i just get the seatbelt light for 6 seconds after ignition is on than it goes away.
I wanna have the DING DING sound and the msg on the fiss till i put the seatbelt in buckle.How can i do that?
Thanks
Tell it its a US Passat?

klitoni
07-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Tell it its a US Passat?
its an european

Guest 2
07-05-2012, 05:53 PM
caldirun means change the country code in vcds to tell the car its a us model and it'll bleep until you put your belt on

klitoni
07-05-2012, 08:59 PM
I have changed the code but i just get the seatbelt light that goes away after 6 seconds.NO message on fiss and NO sound

Guest 2
07-05-2012, 09:01 PM
I (think) if you go into your Instrument module you will find the option to change the country. Set it for USA or Canada.

A4 Lad
07-05-2012, 09:05 PM
As far as I remember, when you go to recode the instrument panel, you have options for the seat belt chime in with other warnings like washer fluid low etc.
Are you using VCDS ? When you go to recode the instrument panel 17 it highlights a bubble which lists all the options.

rashidjafar
29-07-2012, 03:03 AM
Anyone knows the complete code for it ?
Seat belt chime and Indication + washer fluid + brakes sensor ?

caldirun
29-07-2012, 06:39 AM
Anyone knows the complete code for it ?
Seat belt chime and Indication + washer fluid + brakes sensor ?

There seems to be a myth that you can fit options by recoding the module, if the option is not fitted no amount of coding will enable it.
IE to detect the seatbelt buckle has been fastened you would need the switch fitted and also the wiring to it!

rashidjafar
29-07-2012, 07:53 AM
There seems to be a myth that you can fit options by recoding the module, if the option is not fitted no amount of coding will enable it.
IE to detect the seatbelt buckle has been fastened you would need the switch fitted and also the wiring to it!

I am sure there is wiring and all switches cz when at ignition it can detect weather m in belt or not.
So am searchin for codes to enable the all three functions. (Seatbelt,brakes,washr fluid) :)

caldirun
29-07-2012, 01:43 PM
I am sure there is wiring and all switches cz when at ignition it can detect weather m in belt or not.
So am searchin for codes to enable the all three functions. (Seatbelt,brakes,washr fluid) :)

Try this from Rosstec
Coding

00??x05: Options

+01 = Brake Pad Warning
+02 = Seatbelt Warning
+04 = Washer Fluid Warning

00xx?05: Region

1 = Europe (EU)
2 = USA (US)
3 = Canada (CDN)
4 = Great Britain (GB)
5 = Japan (JP)
6 = Saudi Arabia (SA)
7 = Australia (AUS)

Note: Changing the region section of Coding (from US to UK for example) can have undesirable effects such as fault codes in ABS and Airbags. We would recommend NOT changing those values.
Security Access

13861 = Adaptation Enabling

passat tdi130
10-08-2012, 10:39 PM
there is not a feature on the b5 or 5.5 that bong's ping's or any other sound when seat belt is unfastened on driver or passenger side you can enable the little seatbelt light on dash and thats it..!!

caldirun
11-08-2012, 04:52 PM
there is not a feature on the b5 or 5.5 that bong's ping's or any other sound when seat belt is unfastened on driver or passenger side you can enable the little seatbelt light on dash and thats it..!!
There is on the USA cars, there maybe on the Saudi cars (check posters location!) could be worth a try for him!