PDA

View Full Version : mudflaps?

robbyg
06-05-2012, 10:31 PM
Has anyone got them fitted on their car? Dealer wasn't sure if they exist yet for the new A6.

I always get them on my cars as they stop dirt and stones getting up the doors and bodywork causing damage and more washing and dirty trouser legs, and i always think the less spray i produce behind the less likely i am to be crashed into on a rainy motorway...

Anyone got them? Any photos?

thanks

burningoil
08-05-2012, 08:57 AM
got them on the 1month old avant, they do the business, will try and sent photos. we need to driver up a lane pretty regularly and the flaps stop all the going up the side. Cheers

Timothy Nathan
08-05-2012, 10:05 AM
Oi! Chelsea Tractor drivers pay good money for that up the sides!

skibuddy
10-05-2012, 03:12 PM
On the A6 Saloon I was told by my local dealer that the Flaps are available for the front only.

robbyg
15-05-2012, 09:26 PM
got them on the 1month old avant, they do the business, will try and sent photos. we need to driver up a lane pretty regularly and the flaps stop all the going up the side. Cheers

Have you managed to get any pics yet?

Guest 2
15-05-2012, 09:29 PM
Robbyg, S-Line or SE?

robbyg
15-05-2012, 09:31 PM
SLine

Guest 2
15-05-2012, 09:33 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENUINE-AUDI-A6-C7-2011-MUD-FLAPS-SET-FRONT-REAR-/180878245602#vi-content

For the C6 they said mudlfpas didn't fit the S-Line but they did. Following tradition, these are probably the same.

kennyh
15-05-2012, 11:28 PM
I've ordered (and awaiting delivery) of a front and rear set for my A7.

The flaps were bought via eBay.

My car is an SE, but it does have lowered suspension.

I'll let you know how I get on.

skibuddy
19-05-2012, 09:27 AM
Tried a pair of flaps on the rear. Unfortunately I can confirm that they don't fit the S-line saloon model. Have decided it would simply look odd with only a pair on the front. Will just have to live with spray up the side of the car.

BrianWM
13-09-2012, 08:06 AM
Any more updates on this ?

I got my new car last week & probably would have had mud flaps but forgot. Most of my cars have had these, I'm not even sure how much they help keep the sides clean, never having not had them !

Is the fitting a quick DIY job and do any holes get drilled to attach them ?

skibuddy
13-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Any more updates on this ?

I got my new car last week & probably would have had mud flaps but forgot. Most of my cars have had these, I'm not even sure how much they help keep the sides clean, never having not had them !

Is the fitting a quick DIY job and do any holes get drilled to attach them ?

Is it an S-Line? If it is then only front flaps will fit.

BrianWM
13-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Being quite different to most folks here, I have an Allroad, the opposite of an S-Line in some ways maybe. I guess that means both front & rear might fit.

kennyh
13-09-2012, 07:46 PM
I've fitted ones to my A7 SE with lowered Sports Suspension.

Install required the wheels to be removed and jacked to allow the drilling of 1 hole in the bottom sill (plastic portion).

Took about 1hr (for me) to do.

I'm quite happy with them and think they look quite good.

renmar
20-09-2012, 11:10 AM
I also have (front and rear) on my A6 saloon C7 (EU version) - looks not bad (but rear are longer than ones in my previous car-Opel Insignia and I have to remember about it when rear parking because kerb can be a problem)

lloydtown
15-01-2014, 02:36 PM
Hi guys!Waiting on my new A6 Avant, I'm considering putting on mud flaps as the colour is ibis white, it's an S-line so I know they only fit the front but was wondering peoples opinions on how black mud flaps look on a white A6 Avant plus how much of difference they really make.Cheers in advance!Lloyd