PDA

View Full Version : A6 Allroad front hub torque settings ??

brickit
02-08-2007, 08:35 PM
I have got 2 sets of replacement wheel bearings, and a sealey wheel bearing tool set.

I need to know the torque settings when i fit the new hub allen bolt.

Also the bearing has 2 inner races one with a 43mm and other has 45mm diameter, i assume the driveshaft has a ridge on it to locate these?

Peter D
02-08-2007, 09:41 PM
I need the year and engine as there were some changes and is this a rear or front bearing. Regards Peter

brickit
02-08-2007, 11:59 PM
2003 allroad tdi, AKE engine, front bearings. cheers

Peter D
03-08-2007, 09:30 AM
Removing and installing drive shaft
Installing
<LI class=nonenone>‒ Insert drive shaft in wheel bearing housing.
‒ Insert both upper links and tighten nut to 40 Nm.
Whilst tightening, press link as far as possible towards wheel bearing housing.<LI class=nonenone>‒ Screw drive shaft to gearbox. <LI class=nonenone>Tightening torques:
M8 = 40 Nm, M10 = 70 Nm
‒ Press home ABS speed sensor in wheel bearing housing and insert wire in holder at brake caliper.
‒ Screw on outer joint of drive shaft.Note:
Vehicle must not be in contact with ground when tightening outer joint of drive shaft.
A second mechanic is required for the next operation.
<LI class=nonenone>‒ 1st mechanic: Gets into vehicle and presses foot brake
‒ 2nd mechanic: Tightens hexagon bolt for drive shaftM14 hexagon bolt: 115 Nm
M16 hexagon bolt: 190 Nm
<LI class=nonenone>‒ Fit wheel.
‒ Tighten hexagon bolt for drive shaft. Vehicle must be standing on its wheels when tightening to avoid danger of accidents.
Give hexagon bolt further 180° turn.From the manual. Regards Peter

Peter D
03-08-2007, 09:45 AM
The drawings for your car show a single wheel bearing not an inner and outer. I've check the model the engine code the year and even the lightweight ali hub assemble and there do not have an inner and an outer. Also referred to in the spares pages here http://www.vagcat.com/epc/cat/au/A6AR/2003/247/52/3074369/
Regards Peter

brickit
03-08-2007, 04:42 PM
It is one bearing, but on the inside (where driveshafts fit) there are 2 parts, one a couple of mm larger than the other(if you think of 2 bearings in one).

The HEX bolt is 17MM, is that a M14 or M16 ?

Peter D
03-08-2007, 04:54 PM
Wheel bearing

◆ Installation position:
‒ Large ID of wheel bearing faces wheel hub .If you want the drawings email me at info@3DAssociates.co.uk

And remind me what you want.

Regards Peter