PDA

View Full Version : MMI 3G+ not quite stable yet

MFGF
05-05-2012, 10:08 AM
So... A week into owning my C7, I have started to notice some software quirks. The biggest was on Thursday evening.

I got into the car in Reading, and tried to find the Hilton Kensington as a destination. I tried a non-google approach first, but this hotel does not appear to be a standard POI, so I popped the sim into the dashboard and tried a google search. To my delight, it found the hotel easily, and I selected it as my destination... at which point Google Earth maps crashed. I got a message telling me Google was restarting, but it never came back! I started driving anyway, but noticed my iPod wasn't playing either. I switched to Media and saw a "No playable tracks found" message. I then switched to my iPhone Bluetooth media connection and got the same message! I then decided to pop the sim out of the dashboard and reconnect my iPhone telephone Bluetooth connection (while sitting still in traffic on the M4), but it wouldn't reconnect!

I decided to try restarting the MMI (Menu/MMI knob/top right soft key), and lo and behold, everything started working again after it came back up.

Since then I have had the "no playable tracks" error from my iPod connection a couple more times, and a reboot of the MMI is needed to fix it.

My dilemma is how to demonstrate this to my dealer - it does not seem to be reproducible on a whim.

MF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Timothy Nathan
05-05-2012, 10:21 AM
JAAMOI, is your network Voda? I can reproduce the Google crashes, at will, on Voda, but not T-Mobile.

Epsom Audi made up some guff about Voda being unable to process the data quantity, which is utter rubbish, of course.

I think that the answer is to make some YouTube vids of the software crashing, give it an attractive title like Audi crashes and then getting lots of people on forums to point at them (which will promote the ranking).

That is the only way, I fear, of getting any attention from Audi on this. They seem to have their fingers in their ears going la-la-la.

MFGF
05-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Spooky clairvoyance there, Mr Nathan sir! Yes - Vodafone it is. I will contact my dealer and make them aware. We have a long history, and they did everything they could to help resolve the software problems in my C6, so hopefully they will take my report seriously even if they can't reproduce it - they know I wouldn't just mess them around.

More issues with the iPod today - I had to reboot the MMI on two occasions :(

MF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

a8 tech
06-05-2012, 06:34 AM
mfgf pm sent

Timothy Nathan
06-05-2012, 08:09 AM
mfgf this only for you not the other

Change from Vodafone trust me

a8,

So, are Audi saying not only we should not have iPhones, but we should not use Vodafone?

At what point do they change their software so that it works, rather than keep dictating to us what we have to do?

I have no choice (imposed by my company) but to use iPhone and Voda. Does that just mean that I mustn't have an Audi?

If Audi only works with some networks, they should adopt the BMW model of having a built in data service and allow us to use our Bluetooth phones seperately.