PDA

View Full Version : Headlight switch

rizday
05-05-2012, 09:19 AM
Loving my new car - better in *almost* every way that my C6. A different class of car.

But.....

One thing that's driving me crazy is that I keep knocking the headlight switch on entry and not noticing. I got used to leaving the C6's lights in Auto and never touched the switch. Now I have to check.

Curious is it just me and my little legs seating position?

(Oh, and I miss putting a key in the dash a bit)

Guest 2
05-05-2012, 09:37 AM
I noticed this on the q5 loan car I had out last year, always knocked it off auto onto the sidelights when getting out of the car .. Very annoying

MFGF
05-05-2012, 10:12 AM
I haven't done this... yet :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Timothy Nathan
05-05-2012, 10:32 AM
My knees get nowhere near.

However, you have reminded me of a massive improvement in the light switch.

I had a C6 loaner for a few weeks while I awaited delivery of the C7 and the most annoying thing (apart from the stupid big, bone jarring, noisy, delicate big wheels) was the fact that the the word Auto was reflected brightly and distractingly in the windscreen, side window and door mirror all the time, but particularly at night.

I had to cover it in masking tape.

At least that has been fixed in the C7.

MFGF
05-05-2012, 10:18 PM
I looked this afternoon, and my knees come nowhere near the switch. One less thing for me to worry about :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

rizday
06-05-2012, 08:52 AM
I'm doing it less now it's in the front of my mind and I'm consciously checking!

nealeb
09-05-2012, 07:34 AM
I have longish legs but never had this problem. I like the keyless thing as I used to occasionally hit my knee on the keys hanging from the C6 dash.

dgarside
09-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Similar here, not noticed a problem and only seen it out of Auto when its been into the *******.