PDA

View Full Version : Sat Nav or Wing and a Prayer?

prolfe
02-08-2007, 07:57 PM
I was just wondering if other people have gone down the Sat Nav route or if they rely on a Map or on printed directions from places like theaa.co.uk/routeplanner.

I have TomTom on my N80 with John Cleese telling me where I should be going. I have it switched but silent for nearly all journeys, in case i need to divert off somewhere else because of traffic.

I used to use the aa's website for directions.

I now know almost exactly what time I will get to places, which is important for the job that I do.

I also was wondering if people have forked out for OEM sat nav of if they have a third party product or like me or some sat nav software and a gps reciever.

Ayd
02-08-2007, 08:22 PM
I use Sat Nav and bought a Neo268 a good while ago.....basically it's rubbish and I need to get TomTom as the Neo always tells me to turn left 300 yards after the turning and sends me on some right strange routes.....whereas I've borrowed a TomTom before and it's always been bob on

Ben
02-08-2007, 08:35 PM
i'd love to have an oem unit in my car, it'd finish it off nicely, but for now i have a navman f20.

Coupe16v
02-08-2007, 08:41 PM
My ex used to have a Garmin Nuvi 310D which was very good, but personally, I use good old maps or the AA.

Big_E
02-08-2007, 10:54 PM
I have a Tom Tom Go 300, latest firmware, maps and speed cams.

I don't know how I would do without it to be honest.

mluton
02-08-2007, 11:36 PM
I use a PDA with seperate GPS reciever, mainly for speed camera alerts.

Running v5 of tom tom, so old maps, but does the job well.