PDA

View Full Version : 2.5 tdi injector

rob1976
04-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Please can any one tell me wthat if any should be the resistance or voltage i should be getting from injector number 3, I have had problems with engine judder on tick over and around the 2000 - 2400 rpm range, I have done the following:

Reset the crank and cams to correct position.

Set up comence of injection timing.

Cams are in very good condition.

No faults recorded or stored.

with the engine running i can undo the connector from number 3 injector and get no engine warning light and no change in the way the engine performs, I was under the impession this was what controlled fuel delivery and communicates with the ECU but it hasnt logged a fault.

What do you think? could this be the gremlim!!

Car is a AFB 2.5tdi v6, thanks. :confused:

Car also done 180,000 on this injector.

mikeybutch
04-05-2012, 07:26 PM
Is that the needle lift sensor with the wire?If so and thats the wire which you have disconnected it should show a fault.This injector failed on mine but it did not give the same symptoms as yours just smokey exhaust and not starting well.

rob1976
04-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Yes its the needle lift sensor, this is the only part I havent changed in the years I have owned the car, I have replaced every thing but this, I have a feeling that it could be the problem as I have done everything else. Im hoping someone has had the problem I have and found out its the injector as I dont want to buy a new one if its not, strange that it doesnt show a fault and the engine still runs even if disconected, a voltage test will give me a bit more of a better direction so I can part with a little more cash!

mikeybutch
05-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Should defo show a fault and I wouldnt rush as its dear.Mine was faulty but the car ran fine except for the smokey exhaust.Could it be fuel pump?

rob1976
05-05-2012, 10:51 PM
I changed the fuel pump for a fully reconditioned one last oct when mine packed in, the problem was the same with the old pump, car runs and pulls very well once above 1000rpm with no smoke, its this rough ilde/vibration in the cabin that im hoping to cure, I have trawled the internet and found it could be a possible worn dual mass wheel but after having a new clutch fitted last year i was told it looked in good condition, this one is a strange one to cure but I dont want to be beaten yet!

mikeybutch
06-05-2012, 07:59 PM
I think you would have a lot more bother if it was the DMF.What about an engine mount?

rob1976
07-05-2012, 01:55 PM
Done the front stop buffer damper but havent considered the other two hydro dampers, I shall change these and see if it cures the problem, thanks.