PDA

View Full Version : HELP PLEASE - Remap/Chipping

birch1983
04-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Hi,

I have recently purchased an '98 Audi A4 B5 1.8t (AEB).

I purchased the car and from day one wasn't sure it was running correctly. I drove a friends Golf 1.8t a few days later and knew there was a problem. I replaced the original N75 valve for the N75E variant and also the recirculation valve for a 710n. In addition I have also fitted a cone filter to the car.

I would now like to get the car re-mapped but after a conversation earlier with a local company feel that I may struggle. I was advised that the car would require chipping or that I would need to use a 'Tuning Box' instead.

I have no knowledge of Tuning boxes and to me they don't sound like the best method of increasing performance. The other bit that worried me was that he mentioned a £65 charge just to come out, and that if he couldn't do the work I would have to pay this regardless.

Can anyone shed any light on the above? I had got my hopes up on having her remapped tomorrow but can't see this happening.

I am also in the Nottingham area if that helps anyone who could help me with this.

Thanks in advance of your quick replies.

Anthony

Aptuning
05-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Hi there. Let me start by telling you that your car simply needs to be chipped! No tuning boxes or anything else. I can give you the number of someone who can help if you wish to PM me.