PDA

View Full Version : If changing settings using VAGCOM will they be rest when car goes to dealer?

nictry
03-05-2012, 11:48 AM
Have seen some cool changes that can be made using the VAGCOM tool/software and may contact one of the nice folks on here to implement some on my A6 but as it is fairly new will need to take to local dealers for servicing etc. and dont want them resetting all the changes afterwards? Does anyone know if this is done as a matter of course?

Changes I would like (if possible) are the parking display activated rather than beeps, the battery indicator to show and just for show, the needle sweep does look quite cool :biglaugh:

Guest 2
03-05-2012, 11:53 AM
I think its only restored to factory settings if there is a software update or the tech doesn't like you lol.

My settings havent been changed in ~1.5 years

If they are changed, its only a matter of enabling them again

nictry
03-05-2012, 12:19 PM
I think its only restored to factory settings if there is a software update or the tech doesn't like you lol.

My settings havent been changed in ~1.5 years

If they are changed, its only a matter of enabling them again

OK thats good to know, although as I am a total technophobe for car stuff I will need to find some willing soul near to me to do the mods and dont want to keep pestering them if my local dealer decides to spoil my fun ;)

Guest 2
03-05-2012, 12:25 PM
Its easy, infact very easy! Depending on the car, its only a matter of clicking a tickbox or doing a simple sum!

If your A6 is any older than ~'09/59 plate then the needle sweep wont work as it was a facelift option only but you'll get the visual display and battery meter.

nictry
03-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Its easy, infact very easy! Depending on the car, its only a matter of clicking a tickbox or doing a simple sum!

If your A6 is any older than ~'09/59 plate then the needle sweep wont work as it was a facelift option only but you'll get the visual display and battery meter.

Its a 61/2011 so hopefully should be OK :) I would still be too scared in case I messed something else up in my desire to get a pretty picture on my screen ;)

Guest 2
03-05-2012, 01:05 PM
Yep should work .. Whatever coding you do change, vagcom keeps a log which tells you the coding before changes incase anything ever does go wrong!

nictry
04-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Thanks, I see the kit is available for a couple of hundred so not too bad to have a play, might try first time tweaks with a fellow forum kind person and then decide whether to splash the cash as honestly not sure if I would a/ make use of it b/ be brave enough to play with it enough :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk