PDA

View Full Version : Retrofitting RS4 mirror housing on b7? Can you help?

ntp
02-05-2012, 12:37 PM
Hi all,

Has anybody retrofitted mirror housings on their cars? Have you had problems with positioning the mirror properly in the new housing?

I managed to change my standard mirror housing for a chrome (RS4 like) type and am very happy with the outcome. However, the new mirror housing must be slightly different from the OEM ones since the actual glass doesn't properly stay inside the mirror housing hole. I can still use the mirrors but the gaps that were created (because the glass is positioned too much towards one of the edges) although not very large are bugging me now. :aargh4:

Does anybody know anything can be done to re-adjust the glass or shall I just get used to the gaps? I suppose it is annoying to me only because I know it. :Blush:

ntp
03-05-2012, 11:33 PM
Update!

Here I am again, I got another try with the driver side mirror. Managed to reassemble it and fit it properly. I was so happy as I thought my gaps had disappeared. Well, no, they hadn't. Even worse, the mirror glass is positioned in the lower left corner so tight to the housing that I am no longer able to tilt it down for proper parking close to the curb. Here is a link to the pics:

https://picasaweb.google.com/106350646052821992417/03052012?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCMCi_ZDz_PKyGQ&feat=directlink

Does anybody know if I can reposition the motor inside the mirror housing a little bit upright? I tried and unscrew the 3 bolts loose and the middle one but the motor doesn't move at all. Can I do something else?