PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried Bluefin ?

slope
29-04-2012, 06:01 PM
Right, I have had the car for a whole week now and am already thinking of a remap :p

I would ideally like something i can do myself to save me running back and forwards to the tuning centre if Audi reset my ecu after every service or visit.

I had my A3 ecu reset 4 times by my local dealer when it went in for service or warranty work. Then it was a 80 mile round trip to the tuning shop to get it put back on.

No hassle for them to do it and they didn't charge but its still a pain.

I have looked at bluefin but it is pricy and am keeping an eye on ebay for one that has been reset and ready to go but nothing as yet.

Also can a 2010 model be remapped as i have heard Audi are locking the Obd ports to stop it being done this way.

Any help appreciated.

Axelz2
02-05-2012, 07:54 PM
My 2010 a4 tdi didn't work with bluefin as protected ecu, so was programmed on bench instead for same price by superchips. Definitely worth it and makes the car much more responsive and faster, fuel econ probably about the same but apparently can be gains if you drive in same way.

slope
02-05-2012, 08:00 PM
Cheers buddy, I think my ecu is protected too. Might have to take that trip to my tuning shop after all . Will ring them tomorrow to see if they can do it and how much they will charge a regular customer like me.