PDA

View Full Version : Finally! My C7

MFGF
27-04-2012, 04:39 PM
After what seems like a wait of a billion years, my C7 was finally delivered today! First impressions are very good! Everything I ordered seems to be fitted, and it is a lot different from my C6! There are 10 miles on the clock and it came with a full tank of diesel!

Here is my first pic... :D

http://image.ibb.co/f6Fv2v/IMG_5927_public.jpg

MF.

Guest 2
27-04-2012, 04:51 PM
I've been waiting for this to appear all day! ;)

Looks very nice, keep the pics coming!

Any tears when leaving the old one off?

I guess you won't be on here for a few days until you've stopped playing with all the toys!

Enjoy

MFGF
27-04-2012, 05:18 PM
I was really sad to see the C6 go! It had 58,884 miles on the clock, and the guy collecting it went over it with a fine tooth comb and found nothing he could fault! The systems on the new car are a lot different, and I have a lot of new toys to play with! :) It was being taken to Leaseplan's depot in Oxfordshire, and I imagine it will go to auction from there.

One issue I have found already is that my "classic" iPod is not supported using the red-collar AMI lead supplied with the car. The iPhone works fine, though. Fortunately, I have a blue-collar lead too (I bought it before my C6 arrived, then found it came supplied with one) and my iPod works fine when using this (although the album artwork does not display).

Cheers!

MF.

kite
27-04-2012, 06:04 PM
Good to see the new car has arrived Mark, I reckon a full weekend with VCDS is in order....

pitch3110
27-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Lov it and cannot wait to hear more.

Enjoy
Pitch

Guest 2
27-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Remember you need to post in the new car thread ;) http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?115075-Anyone-ordered

I can take a guess to where you are now lol

MFGF
27-04-2012, 10:46 PM
Good to see the new car has arrived Mark, I reckon a full weekend with VCDS is in order....

Thanks George! I will try to find time to scan the car tomorrow. I expect a lot of the label files will be missing at this point. I haven't seen any coding tricks for the C7 yet, but recording the standard coding for each module will be a good start. I might see what I can do based on changes I made to my C6 and Pete's A4 B8 - wish me luck! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MFGF
27-04-2012, 10:59 PM
Lov it and cannot wait to hear more.

Enjoy
Pitch

Ta Pitch! I noticed earlier that the clock was set an hour ahead, and then spent ages trying to find which obscure little corner of the labyrinth of MMI menus the time setting options lurked in. I shouted in triumph when I finally hunted it down! I think it must have been more luck than skill that I found it. I was almost at the point of reading the manual - desperate or what? :)

The car is amazing to drive! It has the S line suspension and 20" wheels, but is far quieter and more compliant than my C6 with S line suspension and 19s. I briefly tried the different driving modes, but liked Dynamic the best over all. I will set up my own individual options when I get chance and see if different mixes of settings are preferable.

I haven't figured out yet if the radio will display track information on the DAB stations. I have a lot of tinkering to do over the next few days and weeks. Then there's the challenge of getting the iPhone rSAP BT stack installed and working... Fun! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Brycie
28-04-2012, 12:29 AM
Love the car mate, really good looking motor and the wheels are great. Very very jealous.

jbanfie
28-04-2012, 08:56 AM
Nice wheels, do let us know how the iPhone rSAP Bluetooth attempt goes, from reading other threads I'm not entirely sure how successful it is

Cheers

Jon

nealeb
28-04-2012, 10:46 AM
Have you now set the clock to pick up time from the GPS? Saves having to occasionally adjust or change to/from daylight savings time - and you can set your watch by it:) This was an optional feature on the C6 but a welcome standard feature on the C7.

"Track" info is available on DAB - try Radio->Functions->Info->Text, from memory. Gives the broadcast programme info.

28-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Looks really nice, congrats!

Making me wish I'd specced the 20" Rotors over the 19" twin 7 spokes now...

MFGF
28-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Have you now set the clock to pick up time from the GPS? Saves having to occasionally adjust or change to/from daylight savings time - and you can set your watch by it:) This was an optional feature on the C6 but a welcome standard feature on the C7.

"Track" info is available on DAB - try Radio->Functions->Info->Text, from memory. Gives the broadcast programme info.

I found the GPS time set option once I finally stumbled into the right menu. I have set this to "On" now, so hopefully I will not need to keep changing the time when daylight savings boundaries are crossed.

Thanks for the tip on DAB info! I will look at this next! :)

Cheers!

MF.

MFGF
28-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Looks really nice, congrats!

Making me wish I'd specced the 20" Rotors over the 19" twin 7 spokes now...

Thanks! I think your car looks great! I had the 7 double-spoke wheels on my C6 and wanted a change. I really liked them though.

MF.