PDA

View Full Version : My New S4

Longdog
27-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Just thought I'd post a couple of pics of my new Motor, I'm offshore at the minute but will be picking it up on Tuesday. Roll On

NickH A4
27-04-2012, 04:10 PM
oooh yummy and the best colour!

Guest 2
27-04-2012, 04:11 PM
Very smart! Lovely colour. Enjoy!

pitch3110
27-04-2012, 06:32 PM
That looks lovely mate.

I can confirm your membership to 'Club Lava'

Pitch

Longdog
27-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the comments, I spec'd the car and chose the colour - the wife's only input were the seats, I'm glad I listened. I almost went for monsoon grey but when I went to order they had a lava A5 in and I changed my mind.

slope
27-04-2012, 08:06 PM
Looks lovely mate although I am not a fan of the seats. Saying that its not my car so enjoy :-))

Longdog
27-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Looks lovely mate although I am not a fan of the seats. Saying that its not my car so enjoy :-))

Thanks mate, I knew the seats would divide opinion. I've always been a fan of interiors with a bit of colour and the all black would have been a bit too dark for me. Plus the wife told me we were having them!

Brycie
28-04-2012, 12:39 AM
So you get a new car that nice AND you get brownie points with the Missus??? Some people have all the luck lol. Seriously though, nice car, you won't be getting any sleep the next few nights, will you? You'll be like a kid on Christmas Eve wishing it was Tuesday already, or at least I would be.

porty
28-04-2012, 03:39 PM
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the S4 club!

Hammy969
28-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Lovely car long dog!! I do
Like the the black edition spec! As for the seats I had an a3 s line with the same colour scheme. I wasn't sure to begin with but it does brighten up the normal dark interior of sporty Audis!

On a separate not what are you expecting mpg wise??

Longdog
28-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Lovely car long dog!! I do
Like the the black edition spec! As for the seats I had an a3 s line with the same colour scheme. I wasn't sure to begin with but it does brighten up the normal dark interior of sporty Audis!

On a separate not what are you expecting mpg wise??

Thanks for all the comments, my wife went to have a look at the car and said that the interior doesn't seem as bright as in the photos.
With regards to the mpg - I'm not expecting miracles and know that it'll take a few thousand miles to loosen up so I reckon I may average 25 mpg over the first few months. I averaged 19 mpg in my B7 S4 and only 29 mpg in my Octavia vrs so somewhere between that'll be fine ( and you never know Audis claimed improvements -stop/start etc - may be true!)

bruboy
01-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Nice :)

Longdog
01-05-2012, 04:03 PM
Nice :)

Thanks mate, pick it up in an Hour!

How do you find yours? There doesn't seem to be many people on here with them so info is scarce.

bruboy
01-05-2012, 04:11 PM
I like it very much! Very easy to live with and plenty quick enough.

I didn't bother with the gentle running-in and haven't had any issues with oil consumption.

Fuel economy around 22mpg but facelifted ones are meant to be more efficient? I don't do enough miles for the consumption to be a big consideration for me - I enjoy booting it when I feel like it :)

Longdog
01-05-2012, 04:18 PM
I like it very much! Very easy to live with and plenty quick enough.

I didn't bother with the gentle running-in and haven't had any issues with oil consumption.

Fuel economy around 22mpg but facelifted ones are meant to be more efficient? I don't do enough miles for the consumption to be a big consideration for me - I enjoy booting it when I feel like it :)

Yes, i'm not too bothered with consumption. My only concern has been going from a manual to an auto, i wanted a manual but the FL is S-tronic only. I'll stick it in dynamic and see how she goes!

bruboy
01-05-2012, 04:28 PM
You can stick it in M and then play with the paddles. To be honest I don't think dynamic with auto is aggresive enough - I think it should be in one gear lower than it is - some kind of [dynamic-1gear] setting would be better.

dominic123
01-05-2012, 08:10 PM
that looks lovely mate, and the best colour :)

bruboy
02-05-2012, 06:43 AM
Thanks mate, pick it up in an Hour!

So, initial impression?!

Longdog
02-05-2012, 09:48 AM
So, initial impression?!

I'll post some photos and a report over the next few days, but first impression is that it's better than I'd hoped, looks great, goes like stink and the interior is fantastic. The red on the seats breaks up the interior and are not as bright as they look in the photos - more like in the brochure. Gearbox will take a bit of getting used to with its settings and the ADS settings but I'll find one that suits me and leave it - Dynamic and sport are ticking a few boxes at the minute!

troc
02-05-2012, 02:52 PM
How do you find yours? There doesn't seem to be many people on here with them so info is scarce.

There's a few of us around :)

I seem to be averaging around 22mpg as well. Short journeys REALLY hurt fuel economy! Much more so than in any other car I've driven recently.

bruboy
02-05-2012, 10:20 PM
I'll post some photos and a report over the next few days, but first impression is that it's better than I'd hoped

Glad you're enjoying it! Look forward to the pics.

Longdog
06-05-2012, 02:55 PM
I've had my S4 since Tuesday so thought I'd post a few thoughts and a couple of photos (They're not the best but I will upload some better ones when I get the chance) as an update to this thread.<br /><br />Picked the car up from Wearside Audi and cannot fault them for their service and for the condition of the car, there wasn't a mark on it and although the weather wasn't the best it looked stunning. After a comprehensive handover I got to drive her home, and even though it only took ten minutes to get home I knew I'd made the right choice.<br />Got rid of the wife on Wednesday (not literally) so got the chance to have a bit of a longer drive and to see if I would miss a manual gearbox, it didn't take long to realise that the engine and S-Tronic gearbox are a very good match. The changes in &quot;D&quot; are seamless and a quick flick of the lever to &quot;S&quot; seems to change the whole personality of the car, holding each gear and (may be my imagination) also making the exhaust seem a bit louder.<br />Due to the lack of miles and my decision to run the car in gently(ish) i haven't gone balls out yet but even holding the gears up to 5K is enough to propel the car forward very quickly, I also have ADS and the sport diff fitted and I can confirm that it goes around corners with minimum fuss. Flicking through the ADS does alter the dampening of the car and also changes the speed at which the gearbox changes up through the gears (Economy mode sees you in 6th at 30 mph - I'll not be using that) but I'll need to get the running in out of the way before I can say whether or not it is worth the extra outlay.<br /><b><u>Summary</u></b><br />Like - Everything, i loved my B7 S4 but this is streets ahead. The interior is also very nice.<br />Dislike - The boot is not as big as my Skoda!1660416605166061660716608