PDA

View Full Version : Software Upgrades

Si T
25-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Was wondering if other people have had any software upgrades on their A6s? Would be good to share, so we know what to ask for!

My car went in for some warranty work recently, and I mentioned a couple of issues:

The climate control when set to say 16c was blowing out warm air (worked fine when A/C on). It only got cool if set to low.

The Satnav randomly gives directions in Kilometres and the sometimes tries directing anticlockwise at roundabouts!

Both issues fixed with upgrades!

ti rich
25-04-2012, 10:57 PM
I had the same issues on the sat navigation and they upgraded the MMI software.

26-04-2012, 02:30 PM
Is it possible to read the version from the MMI screen?

Are cars being built now coming with the latest version on? (I want to know if I have to request the dealer to update before I collect the car)

Timothy Nathan
26-04-2012, 09:45 PM
I have just complained to the dealer that my SatNav does not contain the A4 Reims bypass. It was opened in Nov 2010 and is not on the database. The dealer replied that I had the latest data.

I pointed out that the A4 is the busiest road in Europe, not some missing farm track.

nealeb
27-04-2012, 08:33 AM
I find it frustrating that I bought a lifetime update (around £100) for mapping on my motorbike Garmin GPS, and I get quarterly updates for that but it costs more than that for a single mapping update from Audi, and they are only annual. I would cheerfully download an update to an SD card and do the update myself, which would take out all the media handling costs from the supply chain. And the Garmin GPS firmware updates are free!

As we move to a world where we can update firmware for an increasing number of domestic bits of kit (a smartphone must be more complicated to update than a car, and we are encouraged to do that ourselves! Even my new television can update itself via the Internet), why not the car as well?

Issac Hunt
27-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Because Audi lose a source of revenue. They could offer a free/lower cost update but they choose not to.

Si T
27-04-2012, 01:48 PM
I'm not sure you can find out the software version through the MMI - I'd guess you'd need a diagnostic reader to do that. I'd just ask for the lastest version(s).

I'm waiting for an upgrade which will sort out the noisy idling. I mentioned it to Audi Hereford and they said if Audi Germany get 6 or more reports of the same issue they'll investigate and work on a fix. At the time only 2 reports had been made. I'll ask again when it goes for a service...

pitch3110
27-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Threads like this and the issues with AUK really makes me wonder why we bother.
Took them 6 months to believe me when my Multi was making strange noises before they put a new box in and 3G MMI.....well don't even go there.

Pitch

MFGF
27-04-2012, 11:16 PM
Threads like this and the issues with AUK really makes me wonder why we bother.
Took them 6 months to believe me when my Multi was making strange noises before they put a new box in and 3G MMI.....well don't even go there.

Pitch

Hee hee. We shared the MMI 3G pain together! My dealer was excellent, and did everything they could to help. I hope 3G+ is less buggy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD