PDA

View Full Version : Anything vital missing

collierd
24-04-2012, 09:21 PM
After a month deliberating, about to order 2.0 s-line (procastination paid off as the prices have come down a little!)

Metallic Ice Silver
Heated Seats
Technology Package
DAB
Lighting Package
Storage Package
Folding Mirrors
Park Assist

First time I've gone with an Audi
Is there anything obvious I've missed?
Any really good extras

Thanks

Damian

Timothy Nathan
24-04-2012, 10:46 PM
Tech Pack Advanced.

collierd
25-04-2012, 08:24 AM
Thanks

Did look at tech pack advanced but it's 1,750 more.
Not sure what you really get for that in terms of must haves

Timothy Nathan
25-04-2012, 08:39 AM
This is a conversation I am having quite often on here! ACC is fantastic and worth every penny of the difference. That and Active Lane Assist takes most of the effort out of long motorway runs. Remember to knock the mirrors off the price difference as they are included. Side Assist is not worth anything, but as the package price is 45% down on the individual parts, that doesn't matter.

If I were allowed the basic car plus exactly one extra, it would be ACC. I would not buy a car without ACC, having now experienced it.

On Friday night I was in Southern Germany (on the Swiss border at Bodensee) when my wife texted to say that my FiL was critically ill and not expected to last the night. I set off at 9pm and drove through the night about two hours on country roads, ten on Autobahns/routes (with a brief stop in a hotel for a couple of hours sleep). I arrived fresh as a daisy, ready to start dealing with authorities, grief etc.

That journey would have been absolutely ghastly, not to mention dangerous, and I would have arrived exhausted, without ACC and ALA.

Worth every penny. I would go as fas as to suggest that if you cannot afford it, go to a slightly cheaper car and have it on that.

robob123
25-04-2012, 09:47 AM
does anyone know, can ACC be retrofitted - to work with cruise and satnav already on the car?

robbyg
25-04-2012, 06:48 PM
what a very sensible spec! Good call Collierd.
Yes the tech pack advanced is very cool but no way can it be "worth" the extra money.
Personally, i thought the speed limit display at £155 was worth it almost s an insurance policy against accidentally doing 30 in a 40, its an easy mistake sometimes you forget what the limit is.
I also thought the bigger fuel tank was money well spent, but that depends on your usage. For me, the less time i waste in a garage the better.
Privacy glass is getting more "the norm" nowadays. you may wish to consider also.

Just my thoughts.

Timothy Nathan
25-04-2012, 07:06 PM
The speed limit display is a waste of money. It is not reliable enough to be relied on.

I agree about the large fuel tank.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has ACC and wouldn't buy it again. I suspect that the naysayers have either not used it or not got used to it.

robbyg
25-04-2012, 07:17 PM
I have ordered the ACC anyway based on many excellent reviews (including much discussion/posts from you tim), i just dont see how it can be "worth" that much money. Hopefully i will eat my words in a couple of months, but still, thats nearly £2k!

Shame about the speed limit display, it worked fine on the test drive but i was only paying minimal attention.

nealeb
25-04-2012, 08:27 PM
I would consider adaptive headlights on top of the xenons that come with the S line. But if there is nothing more left in the pot, then I agree that overall ACC is a great thing to have and the preferred optioin. I haven't done any epic journeys like Tim, but on a long drive it really does seem to reduce overall fatigue. No experience of lane assist, though, as I don't believe that the package mentioned existed when I bought my A6.

Manual dip switches are just so yesterday:)

shabazmo
25-04-2012, 08:56 PM
If you do a lot of night driving then Adaptive headlights. If not at least get High Beam Assist for £140