PDA

View Full Version : MK5 Golf interior light

Keith1
01-08-2007, 09:26 PM
HI

I have just bought a 2004 1.6 FSi, while reading the owners manual, it stated the interior light should come on when I unlocked the door if the rocker switch is set in middle posistion It doesnt come on and the rocker switch is set in the middle.

Does anybody know if this is a common fault, and does it require a new switch?

I have checked the fuse's which are all fine.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Ben
01-08-2007, 10:23 PM
Welcome, the bulb works on the other settings of the switch? When you unlock the car do the head lights come on? Mine do but only in the dark. This is to do with the light sensor on the interior mirror. Your interior light may not come on in daylight, why would you need it in the day? Investigate this. If its still not working, it may well be down to a convenience setting, depending on the computer / mfd thats fitted to the car you may be able to enable it yourself, if not it can probably be done with vagcom.

travis1234
02-08-2007, 09:16 AM
Sorry to change the topic slightly, but how do you remove the casing for the light? I need to change one of the bulbs!

Keith1
02-08-2007, 10:36 AM
The head lights dont come on. Maybe I need to take it to the main dealer?

Ben
02-08-2007, 07:44 PM
is this when unlokcing with the remote.

if so, the headlights are in the convienience settings and you should be able to have the feature enabled. this may also activate the interior light as well.

Keith1
02-08-2007, 08:53 PM
Hi

Yes it is when unlocking with the remote, although the interior light doesnt come on when opening the door.

Is this an easy fix, can I do it myself?