PDA

View Full Version : Conflicting information .216 nozzles

hairyape1
23-04-2012, 02:45 PM
What kind of performance could I expect from fitting .216 nozzles to my 1.9 AHU 90bhp

I have been reading around and some people quote gains of 20bhp where some say only 2bhp! Also what could I expect with mpg... again some people report a loss, some no change and some a gain! ...

Has anyone fitted them? What experiance did you have?
Also how easy is it to remove the injectors, do you need a special tool or can it be done with normal sockets and some coaxing?

And could anyone recommend where I could find good quality nozzles for the best price?

Cheers

zollaf
23-04-2012, 02:52 PM
to remove the injectors, remove the clamp, then use a 15 mm spanner to twist them side to side as much as you can. when they are loose to twist, start pulling upwards whilst still twisting and they should work out. worst case is a slid hammer that attaches to where the injector pipe does but i rarely find this necessary. not sure about the nozzles but i do have a 1z 90bhp in an 80 and am looking into it myself. the race nozzles look quite interesting though pricey.

hibbsy21
25-04-2012, 11:47 AM
I have .216 injectors. Good power increase, however, you will NEED a remap or a bigger turbo to get rid of the belching smog that pours out the back.

Just dont do this...... http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?119176-Broke-a-bolt&highlight=broke+bolt

Strongly advise you to get new copper seal washers and new bolts. It will save you £200+ lol

Also you will find it much much easier if you have a vice, as the nozzles do tend to be rather difficult to get off. I ended up taking mine up to a garage to get the cracked off. Tighening torque for the clamps is at 20nm. If you have any leaks from the holes after reinstalling, then heat the washers up with a blowtorch and drop them in some water, and this should make them a bit softer and they should seal nicely. ;)

Rich

hairyape1
26-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Hmmm... I'm tempted to give it a go, getting the injectors out doesn't sound too much of a problem. If any of them are a little tricky i'll get a slide hammer on them.
Ha! I take it that when you fit them you do go about leaving a smoke screen then! :) Good weapon to use against tail gaters! :P
Yeah your right, its best to spend the pennies on new washers and bolts, just to save faffing about... I dont fancy drilling a broken one out!

I was hoping to get away with .216 nozzles without a remap... but I don't fancy leaving a trail of smog. With a remap alone I would expect to go from 90 to about 115bhp, what could I expect to get with nozzles and a suitable remap? I think I'm getting a little power hungry!

hibbsy21
26-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Well I found the smoke screen embarrassing more than anything. You can adjust the injection quantities with VCDS and you can get the smoke down a bit. But a remap will/should clear it up to near enough normal.

Yeah the new bits are fairly cheap from Audi.

I got quoted by cctuning around the 130bhp mark. I am going for around 150bhp with nozzles, turbo, fmic and remap.

Rich

Edit: btw the .216's that I got were about 70quid and they are standard on the VW T4 you will get a pack of 5.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

hairyape1
28-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Thats a fair amount of power Rich! ... Not too bad considering the standard 90bhp!
I'll have to save up for a proper map during the summer, probably wont fit the nozzles untill about a week before the remap. Dont think I could put up with heavy smoke until then.

I had another search around the web last night and someone mentioned that you could get a good power increase by using the .205 nozzles, but without the smoke of the .216's
So I might get away with fitting these now and then having the remap tailored to them. Do you think its a good short term gain for a little overall drop in power?
People also bang on about pop testing... is it really worth while?

I'm not confident enough with VCDS yet to go changing injection quantities, wouldnt want to fluff it up.. although there is only one way to learn!

hibbsy21
28-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Yea it will be most enjoyable!

Fitting nozzles and which ones is entirely up to what you want from the engine. Obviously the .216's will give you more power, and potentially more smoke. If its power you are after be patient and get the bigger ones and a remap in the same week.

Injection quantity is fairly simple, just make a note of the original value and if you make a mess then you can put it back and start again. Weird though, you have to decrease the value to increase the quantity. And the engine blips and drops when you change it lol.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

hairyape1
30-04-2012, 10:22 PM
ha... but im too impatient to wait :)
Funny that you decrease the value to increase injection quantity

I'll bide my time and get the nozzles and the remap at the same time, I'll be glad that I did after I feel the power!

hibbsy21
01-05-2012, 03:53 AM
Yes...impatiences... that was the cause of my problems. I did my nozzles after waking up on a saturday morning at 8am, going to work will 2am Sunday morning, driving my missus to Heathrow airport, getting home at 4pm Sunday and then thinking, 'yeah, i am awake enough, i will just get on with it' lol Patience is a virtue my friend lol

But if you are a wake enough to realise what you are doing then by all means get on with it!

Just fitted the new 'turbolager' to mine today with a custom oil feed and return. Couldnt start the baby though...battery is well and truly dead.

Rich