PDA

View Full Version : vw polo lambda sensor.

smaug000
19-04-2012, 08:13 PM
hello all,

Im a newbie to the site and was wondering if anyone can give me some advice please?
Both the Mrs and I are vw drivers, The mrs has a little 1.2 03 plate polo she has only had it about 6 weeks and the lambda sensor has become duff.. we have popped it back to the local garage as the car has a 3 month autoprotect warranty (silver package) yes i know not worth the paper its written on.. and they have told us its not covered by warranty? im a little confused as to why not? can anybody help?

zollaf
19-04-2012, 08:45 PM
i suppose they class a lambda sensor as a consumable, like brake pads, which will need replacing at some stage.
how do you know this one is faulty ?
welcome aboard as well :)

smaug000
19-04-2012, 09:13 PM
its really underpoweredand feels like its being strangled in 2nd AND 3rd especially, they have apparently taken it down to the mot testing station to find out..

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

zollaf
19-04-2012, 09:15 PM
hmmm, so no fault code read then. could be a lambda sensor but could also be a host of other things. it needs interrogating via a computer to see what codes are present and then go from there.

smaug000
19-04-2012, 09:21 PM
hes not a bad old fella to be honset and it will be obvious if he hasnt corrected it as its awful at the moment.

shes now moaning she shold be driving my golf whilst hers is off the road... lol