PDA

View Full Version : www.TuningKit.de PROBLEMS...

a4audio
19-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Ive been having one problem after another with an order i placed with www.Tuningkit.de (http://www.Tuningkit.de) for a Tuningkit Carbon box back in March for an A3 2.0 TDI (140)
I decided to opt for the 'Carbon' version (199 Euros) over the 'classic' version (99 Euros) as the chip can monitor up to 25000 times a second rather than the 5000 times a second, and as the box is waterproof. My logic behind this was that if its working faster, then in theory it should be smoother, right?
Anyway, couple of days later, the box arrives via UPS and oops, its the classic version. So i email them back and ask them to arrange collection and deliver me the correct one (as its their mistake). They dont have the facility to arange collection so i will need to post it back. I confirmed the delivery address and then, £13.33 later, royal mail have it and its winging its way back to Germany. (this should take about 2-3 days via the Airsure service).
Anyway about a week later i check the tracking online and its failed to be delivered. I emailed Tuningkit back and asked them if they had it. Eventually got a response and no it hadnt been delivered yet. Anyway now well into the second week i chase again and they say they will send out the correct Carbon version via UPS again. This arrived today, 3 weeks after the original order was placed, and guess what... They have only suppled the tuning box, manual and cable ties, no serial cable to connect the box to the cars common rail!
So, as i wait with anticipation that they will send me out the serial cable, a word of caution to anyone looking to order with them. Im sure this is just a one off, butit may pay to source your tuning box / remap's locally!

When i eventually get it i'll let you know wht its like...

Anyone else bought one of these?

Issac Hunt
19-04-2012, 06:00 PM
You'd be better off with a proper remap from a UK company.

What sort of back up or warranty do you expect from your vendor if it causes problems with your car?

a4audio
19-04-2012, 06:13 PM
The car has over 2 years warranty left on it, so hense a tuning box rather than a remap. Should in the unlikely event a problem occours, it can be removed very easily which is undetectable. Also as far as im aware, the new 2011 engines have the tri-core ECU which you cant remap through the ODB port. you have to take the ECU out of the car which IS detectable and so warrany voided, thats why ive gone for the plugin option.