PDA

View Full Version : Suspension kit!! Which one?!?

a4 tdi
18-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Hello all,

My rear suspension is shot on my 1.9 tdi!! The shocks are leaking and it feels like a boat!!

Was going to price some news shocks and springs for rear but then wondered if there are some cheap ish full kits available and if so any discount for forum members ect?!?

Was looking at apex but wanted to know if there's a cheaper set anywhere?!? Obviously want them to last but I'm not going to do any track days so don't have to be to great!!

Thanks

hibbsy21
18-04-2012, 10:19 PM
in euro car parts the bilstien b4 shocks are £30ish each and then get some 30mm lowering springs and it will be a decent setup. much more comfortable than standard springs. I have been running mine for about a year now with no problem.

Rich

a4 tdi
18-04-2012, 11:19 PM
Hi mate, thanks for the reply!! Cheapest standard struts on there are £55 do two of them and springs would be near £200, the cheapest set I have found so far are the apex ones at £255 and that's 4 struts, could possibly sell my front two for 25 each!! So wouldn't be so far off!!

Still looking for options, but thanks again for that and if they were £30 each I'd be taking that route

hibbsy21
21-04-2012, 01:31 AM
Right the rears on euro car parts are £49.14 each and you can reuse the springs you have at the moment. If you dont want to spend alot then this would be the best route. And just keep your eye out for some cheap lowering springs.

Rich

Eshrules
25-06-2012, 11:47 AM
this isn't swapz, replying to a thread that's over 2 months old with a cheeky sale offer isn't how this forum works.

abide by the rules of the forum or find another forum to post on.

thanks.