PDA

View Full Version : A6 (1999) Headlight Removal

SP2 A6
01-08-2007, 01:46 PM
Ok, first post, have done a search and can't find anything like this so sorry if it's been done before.

The problem, SWMBO's ageing but still great A6 1.8T Saloon has a problem with the NS headlight. The lens is going milky. Hella can supply a new lens for about £25. The ******* wants to replace the whole headlamp and has quoted £500. My independent can't do the job for a few weeks so I'll have to do it.

Where I need help is a simple guide to remove either the headlight unit or the lens.

Anyone help please?

Peter D
01-08-2007, 03:58 PM
I have the information you require so send me your email address and a reminder of what you want and I'll email you the drawings and information by return. Info@3DAssociates.co.uk. Regards Peter

SP2 A6
02-08-2007, 10:48 AM
Sorry Peter, that mail id didn't work

Peter D
02-08-2007, 12:35 PM
I just clicked on it and sent a test message no problem click on it to open your OE of put you email address on the thread. Info@3DAssociates.co.uk Regards Peter

tartanpaint
28-12-2008, 03:56 PM
Hey Peter,

I saw your post about A6 headlight removal. If you still have the info to hand could you send it to me too!
Doesn't look to be too hard but I couldn't find much info on it on the forum so any help you havr would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Crawford Stevenson

Peter D
28-12-2008, 04:33 PM
email me at the address given above with model and year. Regards Peter

tartanpaint
28-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Thanks Peter. E-mail on its way to you.

Crawford

tartanpaint
29-12-2008, 07:17 PM
Hey Peter,

I've sent you a message re the .mdi files. Can you help?!!

My steam driven machine can't cope.

Crawford

lonky
30-12-2008, 12:20 AM
where did you get the lens from ? i did not realise they were available on their own

tartanpaint
02-01-2009, 02:33 PM
A quick note to Peter D. Thanks for all the advice. Got the headlight out and repaired in about an hour. The third bolt, the one hidden down inside the engine compartment was a swine to say the least!! But, after a bit of blind luck and a very long, flexible T30 Torx bit s'driver I got it.
Resetting the bolt is even more funby the way! But it went in eventually. The pot-hole had dislodged the ball and socket mechanism, so a quick resetting of that and a bit of headlight allignment and the job was done. Thanks again.

As for the bloke asking about the lens....the guy above had said that Hella made a lens rather than a full headlight unit...usually a good car accessory shop should be able to order you something like that. When I worked in one in Glasgow, a good few years ago, we used to get Hella parts in all the time...so it's worth a try. Hope that helps.

tartanpaint.

Alas
21-01-2009, 12:52 PM
Does anyone have a part number for the replacement Hella lenses?
(I have tried searching the Hella website but no luck)