PDA

View Full Version : Rear View camera issue

vwolf
15-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Hey All,

A few days ago my old man rang me up and told me his rear view camera on his CC hadn't retracted. So I go round and take a look, sure enough the boot release flap was still open with the camera in position.

The only way I could retract it was to turn the ignition on, move the shifter into reverse for a few seconds and then finally into drive. I scanned his car with VCDS but no faults logged. Thought it might just have been a "hiccup" and thought nothing of it, but it did it again the next day when he'd finished reversing onto his driveway :aargh4:

The head unit is RNS510 - not sure if this makes a difference.

What could be the reasoning for this? I'm just worried incase he drives off somewhere with the camera still showing and getting dirty or even nicked! :aargh4:

srisport
18-04-2012, 10:10 PM
Hey All,

A few days ago my old man rang me up and told me his rear view camera on his CC hadn't retracted. So I go round and take a look, sure enough the boot release flap was still open with the camera in position.

The only way I could retract it was to turn the ignition on, move the shifter into reverse for a few seconds and then finally into drive. I scanned his car with VCDS but no faults logged. Thought it might just have been a "hiccup" and thought nothing of it, but it did it again the next day when he'd finished reversing onto his driveway :aargh4:

The head unit is RNS510 - not sure if this makes a difference.

What could be the reasoning for this? I'm just worried incase he drives off somewhere with the camera still showing and getting dirty or even nicked! :aargh4:

Fancy bit of kit are these, test drove a CC with it fitted and it look smart on the screen :) shame my new car wont come with it :(

Just out of interest... do these boot lid levers still work like normal ones do that dont have the camera fitted... or can you only open the boot via fob/door switch????

vwolf
18-04-2012, 11:38 PM
As far as I know yes, the flap still works or you can use the boot release button on the fob or the button in the drivers door. You can retrofit a camera later if needed, as long as the head unit has "-C" after the part number. You won't be able to find this out without physically removing the unit, but more than likely it will be RVC ready.

So have you decided on a CC then? Pics when you get it, please :D I believe there were supply issues with rear view cameras following the Japanese tsunami, so it never made it to many CC's :(

srisport
19-04-2012, 09:26 AM
As far as I know yes, the flap still works or you can use the boot release button on the fob or the button in the drivers door. You can retrofit a camera later if needed, as long as the head unit has "-C" after the part number. You won't be able to find this out without physically removing the unit, but more than likely it will be RVC ready.

So have you decided on a CC then? Pics when you get it, please :D I believe there were supply issues with rear view cameras following the Japanese tsunami, so it never made it to many CC's :(

Ah cool, well manually lift the flap to feel if there is any resistance in the mechanism......

and that is deffinetly interesting about checking the the radio code :D would it be a case of installing all necessory parts and then enable it via computer at local dealer?

And yes i finally found a CC which im happy with, its 2nd hand (ex lease) its the 2.0 GT TDI (140) bluemotion. Ideally i wanted the 170 but ive heard that changing this isnt hard at all :cool: lol