PDA

View Full Version : Coilover Suspension, Why is it so bad???

sam.bird3
13-04-2012, 10:35 AM
Hi,

As the Title Suggests.

I am looking at dropping my suspension as my 19" wheels make the front look like it is on Monster Truck Suspension. I was going to go down the Spring Route with a nice set of Eibach Pro Springs as i've heard nothing but good reports on these, but i have seen on Ebay for not much more than the cost of the Springs a set of Coilover fully adjustable Suspension.
My Question is, why do people put Coilovers down so much? why are they so rubbish? or on the Other hand, has anyone got Coilovers and think they are OK? if so Why?

Cheers

Sam.

Eshrules
13-04-2012, 12:08 PM
generic coilovers are generally, rubbish.

A quality spring and damper setup will set you back IRO £500+

Iam Keyser Soze
13-04-2012, 12:17 PM
You get exactly what you pay for. I wouldn't spend any less than £500 on coilovers.

zollaf
13-04-2012, 12:19 PM
young people that drive saxo's like cheap coil overs as they only think about looks and they do add some bling,plus their mates will be impressed. however, they do not care about comfort or handling and their cars are generally too slow to need good handling. therefore, if someone in china makes some really cheap coilovers then these people will buy them. tyhe quality can be dire, but they are coilovers, so they must be good. add these same coilovers to your expensive well designed audi and you will hate them. they are for track cars really, but to get a proper set you are looking at serious money.

sam.bird3
13-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Thanks everyone.

I take it the Eibach Pro springs are the best option then?