PDA

View Full Version : car judders in reverse

stuspla
12-04-2012, 06:54 PM
hi.
ive got an audi 1.9tdi sportback 2005 model.ive just had new clutch release bearing and fly wheel done on warrenty because the car was juddering and i was getting feedback through the clutch but the car still doesnt like to be reversed and the whole car judders does anybody know what the problem might be.
cheers.

a8 tech
12-04-2012, 07:05 PM
When reversing your loading the drivetrain and the running gear as well as engine.I suspect there was no issu with the dmf and pot luck guess diagnosis

Combustion intolerance and coefficient of friction of the clutch will no doubt combine to create your symptoms

You will always feel feedback via the clutch pedal

Dmf failure can difficult to diagnose without removal of the box and testing the spring force but by then the tech is likely to bang one in, Combustion intolerance either fuel pressure/timing or mechanical wear are major factors often overlooked by the common dmf fix

Also engine and gearbox mounting alignment is often overlooked

I suspect your method of reversing is a contributing factor and as the vehicle drives fine forwards then its unlikely to meet your requirements unless you compare with a like for like

With 1.9 increase the idle speed to 900/950 and try that also if the fault continues and you still have uneven idle test the tandem pump pressure at idle for this may be the actual problem

stuspla
12-04-2012, 07:30 PM
thanks for your post.i will be certain to look into these to see if i can get an answer to the problems
cheers