PDA

View Full Version : Audi A6 is now missing from Audi Configurator

TopherGeorge
10-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Was just looking at trying to spec a friends audi a6 up, after seeing mine hes decided on the avant, but guess what, the A^ is not availble on the configurator website on the main UK page.

http://configurator.audi.co.uk/controller?next=carline-page&mandant=accx-uk

Very strange!!!

Timothy Nathan
10-04-2012, 02:59 PM
I could never get it to work - it stuck on beige headlining. It's about time they took it down for maintenance - it has taken them a good 6 months to notice.

Maybe they'll work on MyAudi next! Fat chance.

They should sack their web people and start again. It's awful.

Guest 2
10-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Been missing for the past week, wanted to see what I can (and can't!) afford.

They're probably adding the Allroad to the A6 lineup.

The a7 was also missing last night too when I looked.

10-04-2012, 03:53 PM
Wow, the All road is no looker is it?!

robbyg
10-04-2012, 10:12 PM
noticed the price and spec is missing from the main a6 page too.
I assume as its April they are updating the prices for the new financial year perhaps.

Hope its upwards since ive just ordered. would be annoyed if they make it cheaper!

MFGF
11-04-2012, 03:28 PM
Interestingly, you can still retrieve an existing configuration for an A6. One of mine was saved as AC0GV1CC and I can still get to it. The car/engine pages have nothing selectable though.

MF.

stevie_s
11-04-2012, 09:21 PM
The prices for the A6 have changed as have some of the specs, this is probably why the site is down. Good news though, privacy glass is £290 now, down from £475!!

Guest 2
11-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Is the UK getting the hybrid A6? Maybe they're adding this to the lineup as the German configurator is still live for the A6.

11-04-2012, 09:40 PM
The prices for the A6 have changed as have some of the specs, this is probably why the site is down. Good news though, privacy glass is £290 now, down from £475!!

How have you found this out? I'm trying to see if the options I've specced have come down in price!

stevie_s
11-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Not in the new brochure but there is a Bitdi Quattro model with 313ps listed, £46520 for the saloon S Line. The basic prices are up but hey have changed some prices for extras for the better.

stevie_s
11-04-2012, 09:45 PM
My dealer has sent me the new (04/12) brochure with the new prices in. I had specced up a Avant and the price has reduced. Tech pack stays the same but privacy glass, heated seats and a few other things have changed. Your dealer will have the details and should be able to sent them electronically to you.

11-04-2012, 09:46 PM
My dealer has sent me the new (04/12) brochure with the new prices in. I had specced up a Avant and the price has reduced. Tech pack stays the same but privacy glass, heated seats and a few other things have changed. Your dealer will have the details and should be able to sent them electronically to you.

Thanks. Have you got the heated seats price to hand?

stevie_s
11-04-2012, 10:03 PM
Heated front seats now £300 (from £390) and the front and rear heated seats are now £350 (from £750) but you must also have the 4 zone climate control.

stevie_s
11-04-2012, 10:27 PM
AND!! The advanced parking system now has four cameras!!!!!

Carlin4737
14-04-2012, 03:24 PM

All A6 prices are down, just popped into local Audi dealer today and have been told that original A6 prices were to high when compared with competitors ( ie BMW 5 series ), Audi UK offering reduced prices to suit. Nearly signed up for a new A6 2.0 Tdi Sline (in February 2012) but couldn,t quite justify the expense, so bought a used approved A5 2.0 TDI Sline Sportback (2011) instead. Got a call from Audi this week offering a new 2012 A6 2.0 TDI Sline for only an extra £23.00 per month more than what I am paying at the moment for the A5. So signed up today, take delivery hopefully end of April.

jbanfie
14-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Whilst the A6 configurator is still off line you can download the new brochure, my car has reduced by £1000 so I've called the dealer, but they have not returned my call as yet!

Sheroo
14-04-2012, 10:18 PM
All A6 prices are down, just popped into local Audi dealer today and have been told that original A6 prices were to high when compared with competitors ( ie BMW 5 series ), Audi UK offering reduced prices to suit. Nearly signed up for a new A6 2.0 Tdi Sline (in February 2012) but couldn,t quite justify the expense, so bought a used approved A5 2.0 TDI Sline Sportback (2011) instead. Got a call from Audi this week offering a new 2012 A6 2.0 TDI Sline for only an extra £23.00 per month more than what I am paying at the moment for the A5. So signed up today, take delivery hopefully end of April.

Not sure about that, the 3.0 TDI Quattro seems to have gone up?

15-04-2012, 06:48 AM
Need to look into this. If the car I have on order has dropped significantly then something needs to happen.

Carlin4737
15-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Need to look into this. If the car I have on order has dropped significantly then something needs to happen.

I would agree with you definitely , suggest you pay a visit to your local Audi dealer.

Timothy Nathan
15-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Well, maybe, but, having signed a contract, would you expect a renegotiation if the list price went up?

15-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Well, maybe, but, having signed a contract, would you expect a renegotiation if the list price went up?

Fair point, and a situation people had with the VAT rise.

Still trying to establish the price difference.

It seems for my options...
- Metallic paint is now £95 cheaper
- Heated front seats are now £90 cheaper
- Powered rear bootlid is now £115 cheaper
- Rear sun blind option has changed to require the two tone dashboard (Which I assume means not an option for S-Line?) no price change.

The other options I have picked have not changed in price.

But.. that the RRP of a 2.0tdi S line Avant appears to have risen from £35220 (on my invoice at least!) to £35570 so £350 more. Meaning that my car would have actually cost more before any relevant discounts. However I have seen mention of the Audi finance contribution rising from £1750 to £2000.

So for the sake of a few hundred £ I am not prepared to lose my slot and have an increased wait :) Still happy with the deal that I got (which was several thousands under the RRP mentioned above!)

The only thing that is bugging my is the inclusion of the new "Black Styling Pack". It wouldn't work with the colour & wheels I've chosen but it may have influenced my choice if I was buying now.

Carlin4737
15-04-2012, 02:57 PM

Well, in not so many words, Yes, surely Audi would like to maintain customer loyalty etc... and wouldn't risk loosing a valued customer over an increase in price, surely not. I'm not to hot on consumer law etc , but even if a contract is signed is there a cooling off period were the customer can cancel contract ? maybe someone can enlighten us on consumer rights/law, i would be interested to know either way.

jbanfie
15-04-2012, 06:09 PM
This is all becoming a little fustrating, I ordered the Bi Turbo on 19th March, with a hat full of options which have now reduced in price (a lot) and have changed in capability (for the better)!

So given I want my cake and eat it, then I'm expecting to re-spec the the car for the better, I'll probably add extra options so the price is the same, but I want to keep my build slot.

That said the new options - such as 4 camera park assist may not actually be available for installation by my July build time?

In theory I'll find out all the answers on Monday morning, will post results.

Jon

jbanfie
15-04-2012, 06:11 PM
Also has anyone test driven a bi-turbo yet? I've not, nor been given a date when I might :(

jbanfie
16-04-2012, 04:11 PM
Right, a few phone conversations today, car essentially re-ordered against new prices no questions asked - well done Audi - don't know the impact on build date yet, but did find out that my original build date had been pulled forward 2 weeks, so if this sends it back by similar then OK.

Much much happier with revised spec, the money I saved on the new prices I ploughed back into extra features so have ended up spending the same but for a much better car!

16-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Right, a few phone conversations today, car essentially re-ordered against new prices no questions asked - well done Audi - don't know the impact on build date yet, but did find out that my original build date had been pulled forward 2 weeks, so if this sends it back by similar then OK.

Much much happier with revised spec, the money I saved on the new prices I ploughed back into extra features so have ended up spending the same but for a much better car!

Out of interest, what options freed up the most money?

jbanfie
16-04-2012, 06:50 PM
The biggest decrease was on the night vision - £2100 becomes £1510 - It was a bit pricey to begin with and I was not 100% convinced. I guess not many takers so they cut the price.
as
I think the best change is on the Xenon's - I was upgrading the SE spec to include Xenons for £1,240 as the adaptive lights were £1,930 - now the adaptive lights are £1,255 and you can't spec Xenon's on their own (the PX4 option is no longer in the brochure), the spec on the adaptive light package is very good, especially when linked with night vision:

"
Night vision assistant with pedestrian detection –

a thermal imaging camera (remote infrared with resolution of 320 x 240 pixels)

registers heat dissipation in front of the vehicle and represents this image in the Driver's Information System (DIS). Image recognition

software highlights people detected in the darkness in yellow, and if the system classifies them as being at risk, a warning bell is

sounded and the image changes to red. If combined with Adaptive light and high-beam assist (PXB) the person detected is also

illuminated by the headlights three times in succession to alert them to the danger"

green A8
19-04-2012, 10:37 AM
I'm very glad I found this thread.
I was going to use the online configurator to give me some sort of a ball park figure for a Bi-turbo 3.0 TDi Quattro Avant. I'm due to retire, and was going to buy my ex-company car, a 11 plate (old model) A6 3.0 TDi Quattro Avant. A Spanish lorry driver had other ideas as he decided to "modify" my cars bodywork.Whilst it was parked in a company car park. Our Spanish friend set about removing most of the offside rear quarter panel and the door. The roof is creased and the floorpan distorted. So, it's a total loss. Not bad for a low speed shunt! The lorry also demolished a stunning R8 that was parked alongside my A6. We were not impressed but wern't allowed to extract retribution! I was given a 61 plate BMW 535D M & Pro pack? Estate to use and I have to say I'm very impressed. I specced up a BMW and wanted to compare prices. I could go direct to the dealer, but I'm comparing several cars and I prefer not to get involved with pushy salesmen just yet.

Out of interest, what are the lead times like on the A6?

I will await replies with interest.

jbanfie
19-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Hi Green A8

Best reason to go Audi A6 BiTurbo, not BMW 535d - Audi is 4 wheel drive - BMW is rear wheel drive - so if the winters stay as they have been for the past couple of years, the Audi will be useful and the BMW will have to stay on the drive - or get lots of sacks of potatos and drive backwards like people used to in the 70's and 80's. I looked at the BMW and chatted to the dealer - even he could not understand why BMW does not release 4 wheel drive versions in the UK (maybe its something to do with the RHD conversion???)

Anyway if you fancy a bi-turbo you probably won't see it till September and I'm sure you know this, but go to broadspeed.com or orangewheels, write down the numbers then go to the dealers, they will match the discounts.

Good luck

Jon

green A8
19-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the info and comments Jon

Our cunning plan is to use our pair of A8 Quattro's during any periods of bad weather, as both of these cars are low value items worth no more than £1,000 to £1,500 at best regardless of their condition,mileage or service history. People just don't want large engined old cars with petrol being at the price it is. If we did put one through a hedge it would be an automatic write off no matter how slight or severe the damage.

So, that leaves us looking at getting a diesel engined estate car to replace our now departed pair of A4 B5 Avant's. I'm leaning towards the Bi-turbo A6 but could end up with a Skoda Superb, 5 series BMW estate or a Jag XF Sportbrake. Had my company A6 Avant not been written off I'd have gladly run that on for a couple of years. But these things happen.

It's very interesting to compare the other makes and options that exist. The Skoda Superb estate for example, never fails to impress me, I must have driven a dozen or so now and TBH they all drove as well as my A6 Quattro in the real world. The only problem is that the Superb has a long waiting list. I was quoted a 9-12 month wait!

Kind Regards.

Paul.

collierd
22-04-2012, 08:19 PM
Does anybody know when it's likely to be back (just the A6 configurator).
I've rung Audi twice now and they keep saying it will be back up in the morning.
Want to build an A6!

Thanks

Damian.

Guest 2
22-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Its been off for a good few weeks now, the a7 is missing too!

Guest 2
23-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Someone has also messed up the A6 dropdown menu too

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/57_audi/Everything%20Else/969f11f0.png

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/57_audi/Everything%20Else/c66f47ae.png

Guest 2
08-05-2012, 02:50 PM
After days and days of being offline, the A6 is now avaliable to configure once again on the Audi UK site! :fest30:

Prices still high though!

08-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Still quite annoyed at this. I would have chosen the black pack if it was available when I ordered :(

BrianWM
08-05-2012, 07:04 PM
The configurator would be even better if it worked properly.

I'm looking at an A6 Allroad; if I add the Technology pack advanced (at £3250), it forces me to add ACC, side assist etc (at £2600) which are part of the tech adv. package (£3250). I then have to add adaptive lights (fair enough), YEJ (£0 ?) and other tech. things that are also part of the advanced package. When I've done all that, I can't add the comfort pack - it's not available, greyed out.

This isn't the only anomaly and it doesn't inspire much confidence !