PDA

View Full Version : what is the problem??

stuspla
09-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Hi
can anybody help me please.i recently bought an audi 1.9 tdi a3 sportback with 60000 on the clock.i noticed it was juddering setting of and in reverse and i was getting feedback through the pedal so i sent it back under warranty.they told me because it was a diesel this was common.i wasnt happy with this so i took it to an independant garage and they said it needed new clutch and dmf.with this in mind i took it back to the garage and they agreed to fix it.i have the car back now but can still feel clutch vibration when the clutch pedal is slightly pressed,it seems the more revs the more vibration.also when the clutch is pressed you can here the tone change slightly.also the car is still grumpy in reverse.
im not sure if this is normal but its really getting on my suede now so any assistance would be much appreciated
thanks

phil miller
09-04-2012, 07:36 PM
Hi
can anybody help me please.i recently bought an audi 1.9 tdi a3 sportback with 60000 on the clock.i noticed it was juddering setting of and in reverse and i was getting feedback through the pedal so i sent it back under warranty.they told me because it was a diesel this was common.i wasnt happy with this so i took it to an independant garage and they said it needed new clutch and dmf.with this in mind i took it back to the garage and they agreed to fix it.i have the car back now but can still feel clutch vibration when the clutch pedal is slightly pressed,it seems the more revs the more vibration.also when the clutch is pressed you can here the tone change slightly.also the car is still grumpy in reverse.
im not sure if this is normal but its really getting on my suede now so any assistance would be much appreciated
thanks

if i put light pressure on my clutch i feel judder, mine has been like that for 40k now, i know i need to replace my DMF

if the garage did replace your clutch and DMF then selecting gear should be tip top, does the clutch pedal feel lighter than it did?

stuspla
09-04-2012, 07:49 PM
the car has always been smooth gear change,i was just under the impression that you shouldnt feel anything through the clutch.im not sure if its an audi thing or whether they have really changed the dmf.the clutch doesnt slip or anything its just the vibration when slightly pressed im worried about.
cheers.

rosso rocket
16-04-2012, 09:20 AM
Hi stuspla,

My neighbour had her DMF replaced but it took best part of three months for the parts to come in. If I were you I would check 100% that these parts have indeed been changed as the DMF causes many issues akin to what you describe! Can they show you the parts they took out for example? Might be too late now if they have binned the bits though.
If they have replaced the DMF and Clutch, you should have no juddering at all...should be perfect.

stuspla
16-04-2012, 10:37 AM
hi rosso.
yes after it was done i phoned them to tell them about the problem so they sent me the invoice and pictures of the old clutch and flywheel on the garage floor.the car was bought from stratstone so i imagine they have carried out the works.i drove it yesterday and it seemed to be a bit better the only thing is now is the juddering in reverse has knocked one of my parking sensors out so its a bummper of job.
nice audi that best colour rosso,thanks for your post

SAiLO
22-04-2012, 04:42 PM
It's not unusual to feel slight vibration on the clutch pedal.

mumutley
22-04-2012, 06:47 PM
Hi stuspla

What year is the car?

Its very easy for a garage to take a photo of old parts. Just because they are a major garage means nothing. From my own experience they can be as bad or worse than a back street garage!!

Find an A3 same model and spec for sale locally, go and take that for a test drive. try all forward and reverse gears. How does it drive compared to yours?

stuspla
24-04-2012, 07:22 AM
Thanks for your thread.the car seems to be driving good now.i still have the feedback through the clutch but it seems alot of people are telling me this is common.it just needs the rear sensors fixing now and it hopefully should be ok.cheers