PDA

View Full Version : Same Vehicle Spec, Noticable Difference?

srisport
08-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Hi All,

Im in the process of looking at buying a 2nd hand Passat CC, and i notice on one vehicle that it doesnt have fitted what most if not all the other ones have fitted?!?!

Below is a picture showing the item, now to me i would of thought this would be standard equipment across all ranges????

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/9572/vwpassatcc.jpg

Kind Regards. Mike

MFGF
08-04-2012, 10:50 PM
Looks to me like the first picture is of a car with halogen headlamps with a drum switch for manual height adjustment, and the second picture is of a car with xenon headlamps with automatic height adjusters? I don't have a CC so this is just a guess...

MF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

vwolf
08-04-2012, 11:09 PM
Yep as above, but usually there is also an adjuster for the dashboard lighting level there too - unless this has been moved to the MFD??

(Ps, 1st picture is older interior, 2nd picture is "refreshed" dashboard from 2011 onwards)

srisport
08-04-2012, 11:18 PM
Yep as above, but usually there is also an adjuster for the dashboard lighting level there too - unless this has been moved to the MFD??

(Ps, 1st picture is older interior, 2nd picture is "refreshed" dashboard from 2011 onwards)

Ah Sorry, I should of been more clear in my first post.

- Both vehicles have Halogen Lamps
- First Pic is from a 2010 Model, 2nd is from 2011 model
- Both have Multifunction Computer - Highline

You certainly have a keen eye on detail to notice that VWolf LOL.

Do you by any chance work for VW?

vwolf
08-04-2012, 11:46 PM
No, but it would be good if some of those who did work for VW shared the same level of interest in their product as we do here ;)

I can't understand why the 2nd pic would have the headlamp and dash light adjusters blanked out if they are halogen lights. Was this just a poverty spec CC? or a CC GT?

**EDIT**

Just noticed on the later versions the headlamp range/dash lighting adjusters have been moved elsewhere and I don't know where :/

srisport
09-04-2012, 10:39 AM
No, but it would be good if some of those who did work for VW shared the same level of interest in their product as we do here ;)

I can't understand why the 2nd pic would have the headlamp and dash light adjusters blanked out if they are halogen lights. Was this just a poverty spec CC? or a CC GT?

**EDIT**

Just noticed on the later versions the headlamp range/dash lighting adjusters have been moved elsewhere and I don't know where :/

I know what you mean about the interest for VW Passats.

Ive always had vauxhalls ( currently mk5 astra ) and the ammount of info/mods you can find on the internet are endless and theres plenty of forums to browse for help. So i was quite surprised to find so little info for the passat CC. Unless you know of any other useful forums etc that ive missed?

Both cars have the exact same trim level. and my guess is the same as yours and they have been moved to the MFD but i cant think why...... lol

srisport
09-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Problem Solved!

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/4766/vwpassatcc002.jpg

vwolf
09-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Problem Solved!

D'oh :biglaugh: never noticed that one before

Unless you know of any other useful forums etc that ive missed?

Tbh VWAF is probably the best "general" forum, for something more specific there is also passatworld.com but that seems to be more American-ized.

In general Vagger's are a friendly bunch and as the equipment/problems are common to many different cars, as a CC owner you could go and ask a question not covered here but in the Phaeton forums, and you wouldn't be accused of trolling :D

Must admit though the CC forum is a bit on the quiet side, I guess that's exclusivety for you :dunno:

srisport
09-04-2012, 01:43 PM
D'oh :biglaugh: never noticed that one before

Tbh VWAF is probably the best "general" forum, for something more specific there is also passatworld.com but that seems to be more American-ized.

In general Vagger's are a friendly bunch and as the equipment/problems are common to many different cars, as a CC owner you could go and ask a question not covered here but in the Phaeton forums, and you wouldn't be accused of trolling :D

Must admit though the CC forum is a bit on the quiet side, I guess that's exclusivety for you :dunno:

yeah ive also come across that forum but soon realised that majority are from the U.S

Shame it is quiet because ive seen some cracking pictures of the CC's after small mods and there seems to be plenty of things possible to do extra.

google 'Alpine Volkswagen Passat CC' thats a stunning car :biglaugh:

vwolf
09-04-2012, 01:58 PM
I'm liking that. Looks like an R-line modded? Pity we'll never see the R-line in this country! :(

srisport
09-04-2012, 04:14 PM
I'm liking that. Looks like an R-line modded? Pity we'll never see the R-line in this country! :(

Looking at the steering wheel and front bumper, Then it could well be an R-Line or a sleeper kitted out in the R-Line gear?!?!

Even so its still a beaut of a car :biglaugh:

FastEddieVW
11-04-2012, 12:35 PM
I have a 2011 CC GT with the updated dashboard. The instrument cluster dimmer was moved to where the Electronic Parking Brake button used to be which has now been relocated to the centre console next to the gear stick.

srisport
11-04-2012, 07:12 PM
I have a 2011 CC GT with the updated dashboard. The instrument cluster dimmer was moved to where the Electronic Parking Brake button used to be which has now been relocated to the centre console next to the gear stick.

Thanks mate, what engine/power rating do you have?

thorne
11-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Judging by the size of the brake pedal in the top pic it's a DSG, bottom pic has 3 pedals ???

FastEddieVW
14-04-2012, 03:28 PM
Thanks mate, what engine/power rating do you have?

Diesel 170 manual fella