PDA

View Full Version : How do I delete satnav destinations?

Monsieur
08-04-2012, 06:33 AM
I've got quite a few destinations in my satnav memory, several of which I no longer need - how can I delete them?
I've looked in the manual and gone through the menus on the satnav itself but can't seem to find out how?
Not sure what type of satnav I've got but its in a 2007 Avant

john-mandy
08-04-2012, 10:11 AM
Is it a factory fitted unit or aftermarket, maybe impossible to give you an answer without knowing.
If its the factory fitted unit (rnse), you should look to the set up button on the unit itself, i think there's an option to delete previous destinations, but be aware it deletes them all.
If for some reason i am wrong, i'll update this answer when my wife brings the car home.

I have edited this post because you can delete single unwanted routes from the set up button, at least thats the infomation looking at relavent topics listed below these replies.

Monsieur
08-04-2012, 11:07 AM
Thanks John - yes its the factory fitted one
I don't want to lose all destinations just specific ones

john-mandy
08-04-2012, 11:20 AM
Yes, no problems,
try the setup button when displaying the nav screen.you should then find what your looking for.

Monsieur
08-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Mine must be an earlier version as the only similar option on the setup menu is to delete all last destinations

john-mandy
08-04-2012, 12:14 PM
Maybe I was right in my first reply. Silly option really. Who would want to delete all routes unless your getting rid of the car.

john-mandy
08-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Just another thought, can you not save the ones you want in your registry, try deleting and see if they stay there, risky I know, but worth a try.

El Guapo
10-04-2012, 11:51 PM
Just save your favs so you can select from main screen and then you can delete the rest if you want.

Monsieur
11-04-2012, 07:29 AM
Just save your favs so you can select from main screen and then you can delete the rest if you want.

How do I do this?
The only option I can see is to delete ALL last destinations

john-mandy
11-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Right, i did give you a clue with my previous answers.
press memory button, the top left of the 4 around your main dial, 4 lines down... store in directory, tap that option and highlight new directory entry,
your then presented with a menu which includes surname first name etc, not really relavent for saving routes.... but i just use the surname and put my route description in, once you have named the route, move down to ok, 6 o'clock on the alpha/number display.... this then takes you back to the screen with surname etc.
now scroll down and press store entry..... this will give you page stating current destination stored sucessfully.
now do this for all the routes you want to save.

NOW IF you want to delete all previous unwanted routes
press the setup hard button, bottom right corner of the screen.... this should give the setup navigation screen, move down the screen using the rotate knob... highlight delete last destinations, press and all will be deleted.... with the exception of the ones in the registry.
They maybe an easier way than this, but i haven't found it, but once you have done it once, its pretty easy.

To load a saved route from the directory, its more or less the same as above, i think that option is just below store in directory option.... of course you will now load from directory instead.
hope this helps.

El Guapo
17-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Did you get it sorted then?

Monsieur
24-04-2012, 07:36 PM
Did you get it sorted then?

No!
Thinks as John says the only way is to do each one at a time...too time consuming so at the moment I've left it until an easier option arises.

john-mandy
24-04-2012, 07:58 PM
No!
Thinks as John says the only way is to do each one at a time...too time consuming so at the moment I've left it until an easier option arises.

Hi Monsieur,

You can still delete your unwanted routes with litte effort, not time consuming at all.
If you look at my previous reply... you will see the procedure.
Lets look at it logically..... Say you have 65 routes but only want too save 7, thats easy, just activate them 1 at a time, and simply save to the directory, yes you will have to do that 7 times.
But here's the best bit, using the option previously mentioned in my earlier post, just delete last destinations, yes it will delete the 7 routes in the last destinations folder, but there will be a copy saved to your directory.... trust me it does work and once done is quite easy.

Monsieur
26-04-2012, 05:52 PM
Hi Monsieur,

You can still delete your unwanted routes with litte effort, not time consuming at all.
If you look at my previous reply... you will see the procedure.
Lets look at it logically..... Say you have 65 routes but only want too save 7, thats easy, just activate them 1 at a time, and simply save to the directory, yes you will have to do that 7 times.
But here's the best bit, using the option previously mentioned in my earlier post, just delete last destinations, yes it will delete the 7 routes in the last destinations folder, but there will be a copy saved to your directory.... trust me it does work and once done is quite easy.

Thanks John
As a matter of interest and purely pedantic - is a destination the same as a route?

Monsieur
23-02-2013, 06:20 PM
Sat waiting for kids to finsih shopping so 'played' with satnav settings....so easy to delete destinations :biglaugh:

Go to 'name' on panel, click onto 'view list', choose destination, scroll down to 'delete' and Bob's your Dad's Brother :beerchug:

NHN
24-02-2013, 07:53 PM
Took you almost a year to find that, lol.