PDA

View Full Version : Newbie wanting some info and to say Hi

rockonoli1
06-04-2012, 07:44 PM
Hello everyone, I am in the process of buying a 2006 A3 se but have noticed a couple that i have looked at dont have multifunction steering wheel/wiper stalk, yet in the dash insert the is a fully maxidot display, the top part displayed low fuel symbol in yellow/orange, the middle was outside temp and bottom was gear slection (being a dsg), is there anyway i can retrofit the wiper switch i have access to vas pc/odis/vagcom/vcds to code but will i need a new steering column electric unit or will it be a case of recoding. I am a Skoda tech so now a little bit about the brands. Any help muchly appreiciated.

phil miller
06-04-2012, 10:12 PM
Hello mate welcome to the site

NHN
07-04-2012, 11:08 AM
If you're a skoda tech then this should be a walk in the park for you, I'm surprised you had to ask mate tbh :)

Anyway, yeah remove wheel airbag, wheel, cowling, slip ring, steering cu, angle sensor, old stalk of, new on, refit in reverse taking care to not bend any pins on any connectors, there's a little iirc 6pin connector thats loose underneath, make sure this is located as best as poss before reinserting the steering cu as its important, then code the steering cu for board computer, job done.

rockonoli1
07-04-2012, 12:14 PM
Thought you could but some systems on the Audi are different