PDA

View Full Version : Question Pipe/Hose Identification....

CeeBee
05-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Hello all, I'm a newbie, so please go easy on me :)

I just need help identifying a hose on my car that has split....Here's a picture.

It's the one at the very top that runs around the plastic head cover.

UPDATE!!
I've found a better picture (Thanks to the Hardback beginning with H) The red arrow point towards the red lines which are the splits in the pipe. The green highlight shows the hose itself

http://i39.tinypic.com/2q901h5.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Chris.

frankc
05-04-2012, 05:34 PM
The pipe you've highlighted in green should be made of plastic and carries charged air from the intercooler (near side wing) to the inlet manifold. The short hose you have a split in connects the plastic pipe the the manifold.

I had exactly the same problem myself with this hose and replaced it with silicone hose from an online supplier (can't remember who of the top of my head) and its been reliable since.

Frank

CeeBee
05-04-2012, 06:15 PM
The pipe you've highlighted in green should be made of plastic and carries charged air from the intercooler (near side wing) to the inlet manifold. The short hose you have a split in connects the plastic pipe the the manifold.

I had exactly the same problem myself with this hose and replaced it with silicone hose from an online supplier (can't remember who of the top of my head) and its been reliable since.

Frank

Many Thanks Frank! Just out of interest, is this the part I'm looking for? I'll probably not source it from China, however ;)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DEDC-Universal-76mm-3-to3-Silicone-Straight-Coupler-Hose-Turbo-Intercooler-Blue-/330711392373?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AA4&hash=item4cffef6075

frankc
05-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Looks about right, just make sure you measure the diameter of the plastic pipe & inlet manifold so you can order the correct internal diameter replacement.

Frank

frankc
05-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Just checked my invoice - got my coupler hose from apmotorstore.co.uk and it was an internal diameter of 51mm, but as I say double check the measurement.

Frank

CeeBee
06-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Many thanks for all your info, Frank! I'll check the dimensions today and place the order I'd all goes well....Again, thanks :)