PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got replica alloys from "sorted richard"?

phatAvant
03-04-2012, 11:11 AM
Hi everyone,

Was wondering if anyone on here bought some replica wheels from an ebay seller called "sorted richard" I remember him from an M3forum, where a lot of people got CSL reps off him. Im wondering on the wheel quality, finish, durability, etc.

So any opinions/pics would be great.

Sam
03-04-2012, 11:15 AM
The name rang alarm bells so I did a quick search of my emails.

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?107593-An-open-letter-to-Sorted-Alloys

I can't recall the outcome of the saga but I do know I'd never buy anything from them.

Eshrules
03-04-2012, 11:21 AM
The guy's an idiot - I'm allowed to say that because he was an idiot with me on the phone when I tried to help another member off here who'd received faulty wheels from him.

The (very brief version) of the story being that the wheels had been returned to 'sorted Richard' via a courier, signed for by them but 'sorted Richard' was refusing to raise the refund to our member.

It wasn't a small amount either.

In my opinion, the guy deserves to go out of business and if he deals with customers the way he dealt/spoke with/to me on the phone, you'd be better off dealing with dodgyrimsrus.

You've been warned.

PS - if Sorted Richard ever wants to comment on this, feel free - I'm still awaiting an apology.

Longdog
03-04-2012, 05:01 PM
I'm all for naming and shaming especially if it saves the rest of us from dealing with idiots! I'll be looking for a set of alloys in the coming months so I know to avoid this chap.

Cheers

phatAvant
11-04-2012, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone, now where to get some alloys...

skymaster
12-04-2012, 12:34 AM
I have heard these guys are good http://www.alloywheelsdirect.net/

They only sell genuine though, which is a safer bet than replica in my opinion

nowa
27-11-2012, 10:56 AM
The guy's an idiot - I'm allowed to say that because he was an idiot with me on the phone when I tried to help another member off here who'd received faulty wheels from him.

The (very brief version) of the story being that the wheels had been returned to 'sorted Richard' via a courier, signed for by them but 'sorted Richard' was refusing to raise the refund to our member.

It wasn't a small amount either.

In my opinion, the guy deserves to go out of business and if he deals with customers the way he dealt/spoke with/to me on the phone, you'd be better off dealing with dodgyrimsrus.

You've been warned.

PS - if Sorted Richard ever wants to comment on this, feel free - I'm still awaiting an apology.

Hi all,

just thought I'd ad my 5p worth of comment.

Bought a set of (4) brand new alloys from Sorted less than 9 months ago, I take care of my wheels, there is no damage or curbing or similar on any of them, but a couple of weeks ago, the paint started to flake of them, badly, of all the spokes, check the picture (link as file was too large to attach) the grey patches you see is not dirt or damage, it's actually the black paint 'flaking off' I did email Sorted about this problem and I got a swift reply back saying "sorry, all alloys come with 3-6months warranty only" :(

So just a 'heads up' to everyone...

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm156/peteronowak/20121125_143011.jpg

Eshrules
30-11-2012, 05:24 PM
When you bought the alloys, was the warranty outlined to you?

Sale of goods act states all goods sold must be of satisfactory quality, which includes lasting a fair amount of time.

I would say under that act, you have grounds to request a repair or refund. A set of wheels, replica or not should last longer than 9 months and if they don't, the person selling them ought to justify their stance.

I'd invite the person who sold you the alloys to provide you with a response and speak to consider advice direct to check you've got the grounds I suspect you have.