PDA

View Full Version : MyAudi

Timothy Nathan
02-04-2012, 10:08 PM
I can find almost nothing in the search engine. Actually it is usually just someone leaving a space out when describing their car. The implication is that no-one cares about MyAudi...or do they?

So....

Does anyone use MyAudi in anger?

I thought I would try putting in contacts that way, expecting something useful like an Outlook import, but it seems that their idea of a contact is the phone number associated with a navigation destination.

So, am I going wrong, or is it really a bit pants and useless?

nealeb
02-04-2012, 10:16 PM
I think that I've vaguely heard of it, but that's about all. Sums up why I don't use it, I suppose!

That, and an antipathy to anything that starts "My..." that borders on pathological hatred.

Timothy Nathan
02-04-2012, 10:17 PM
My my!

Timothy Nathan
03-04-2012, 12:38 AM
So far my experimenting with it suggests that it is complete carp. I have put about 20 addresses in which, fair dos, appeared magically in my MMI as Online Destinations.

Wonderful, you might think, but how wrong can you be? It doesn't recognise any of them as navigable destinations, even those which went in with house number, street name and postcode.

I suspect that the problem is the cultural imperialists in Ingolstadt don't recognise UK postal addresses.