PDA

View Full Version : What the best way to repair a rear bumper mark???

rosso rocket
02-04-2012, 06:49 PM
I need some advice.:1zhelp:
Whilst parked in a local supermarket car park, some thoughtless person has whacked the rear off-side wing of my car, leaving a bupper scuff about three inches wide running from the wheel arch to the back.:aargh4:
The paint has been scraped through to the bear black plastic and the wing is slightly deformed around the wheel arch bit!
Thanks whoever for giving me a hefty repair bill and not having the decency to own up!

Dilemma....do I claim thorugh my insurance and lose 10-yrs no claims and the £250 excess or bite the bullet and pay for the repair?

Its Misano Red Pearl so I guess thats going to cost more?

Will the whole bumper need painting or can you 'blend' this in over the length? I'm no expert on these things but it looks costly to me! Any ideas approx for this sort of repair???

Alan G H
02-04-2012, 08:40 PM
I need some advice.:1zhelp:
Whilst parked in a local supermarket car park, some thoughtless person has whacked the rear off-side wing of my car, leaving a bupper scuff about three inches wide running from the wheel arch to the back.:aargh4:
The paint has been scraped through to the bear black plastic and the wing is slightly deformed around the wheel arch bit!
Thanks whoever for giving me a hefty repair bill and not having the decency to own up!

Dilemma....do I claim thorugh my insurance and lose 10-yrs no claims and the £250 excess or bite the bullet and pay for the repair?

Its Misano Red Pearl so I guess thats going to cost more?

Will the whole bumper need painting or can you 'blend' this in over the length? I'm no expert on these things but it looks costly to me! Any ideas approx for this sort of repair???

Go get a quote from a local bodyshop, then decide. Bear in mind that if you claim, your premium will go up next time you renew, as well as the loss of no claims & excess.

rosso rocket
03-04-2012, 06:19 PM
Yes...thought as much.....these people are just a pain in the bumper.....and wallet! Makes me so mad!